News:

• May 02, 2024, 03:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RCV Inline Engine  (Read 662 times)

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
RCV Inline Engine
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »
I'm helping a friend build a Waco SRE and we plan to power it with an RCV Inline .60.

Has anyone had any experience with these engines?

I used a conventional RCV in stunt a few years back and it worked quite well but I've done nothing with the inline.

Bob Z.

I will post this in the engine section also.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RCV Inline Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »
Bob,

I have the RCV 1.20 for a long term project, but I have not run it yet.  I am sure you are aware that they turn the prop at one-half their operating speed which means that they will swing a larger diameter prop and higher pitch than their displacement would otherwise suggest.  The power output of these RCV engines is less than other 4-strokes of similar displacement.  Still great for scale applications.  There have been a number of reviews of these engines in the RC magazines.  RCV also has a pretty neat website.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RCV Inline Engine
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
I have a 1.2 RCV inline. I was using it on a 90" Eindecker.  I started easy and ran good but the power output was dissapointing.  I have a ST 90 that is much strounger by a bunch.  If had it to over I would have used the ST and the Eindecker would still be around. I lost it due to a lack of power.  For a fact the Eindecker was heavy at 12 lb but that's why I bought a 120.  The RCV is a good engine but lack raw HP.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here