News:

• May 03, 2024, 10:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RCV 91-CD  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Bryan Higgins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Arvada Associated Modelers Member
RCV 91-CD
« on: October 21, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »
Hello Pilots

Here is my new RCV 91-CD four stroke engine.   26.96 oz.  WOW this thing is huge but the height is smaller than
most other .91 4strokes. :o

I guess this is what we use to move these big scale planes around with, It does have some weight but i guess that
will help with tail heavy WW1 planes.  There must be some major line tension going on when flying a CL Scale
plane that uses an engine this size?  But line tinsion is good......

My Fokker D7 Plans will be arriving this week so then i will get busy on this new project.  I'll keep you posted.

Bryan
Bryan R higgins Jr.
Arvada,Colorado
AMA#885188

Offline Mike Lauerman

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
Re: RCV 91-CD
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »
Hello Pilots

Here is my new RCV 91-CD four stroke engine.   26.96 oz.  WOW this thing is huge but the height is smaller than
most other .91 4strokes. :o

I guess this is what we use to move these big scale planes around with, It does have some weight but i guess that
will help with tail heavy WW1 planes.  There must be some major line tension going on when flying a CL Scale
plane that uses an engine this size?  But line tinsion is good......

My Fokker D7 Plans will be arriving this week so then i will get busy on this new project.  I'll keep you posted.

Bryan

My, Brian!  Our WAM club prez built a 1/4 scale Fokker DVII and flew it on 60 ft. lines...but he used a Fox Golden Eagle .60...
Looked like it was dragging its tail while Joe whipped it around...A four stroke with the right amt. of power will make memorable flights!

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:05:44 AM »
Bryan, if you have watched scale competition, R/C & C/L, you would see that many have a C.G. problem. The heavy-er 4 strokes are good, you will need the nose weight. In fact you might have to add a little more. There is nothing worse that fighting a tail heavy scale thru a 6 or 7 minute flight, then trying to make a good landing. You will like this engine, and don't worry about the line tension, you don't have to use all that power all the time. Possably high flight and that's all. Keep us updated, and looking foreward to seeing you in the circle.

Blessings & Merry Christmas
Allen

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 02:04:45 PM »
It's been my experiance that the RCV engines do not have the power of an OS Max etc.  Also they need a lot of fuel run through them before they devolip full power. Mine took 3 gallions or so before it was ok.  Read the instructions. They also like higher nitro then you might think. Their strong point is the small size. They seem to be a good engine but I have gone back to 2 cycle. Cheeper, lighter, stronger but the 4C sounds better.  Don't worry about the pull, it won't be that bad. The RCV 90 has the power of a standard 2C 60. Scale usually weighs more than stunt ships and needs the power.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline jason Pearson

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
My, Brian!  Our WAM club prez built a 1/4 scale Fokker DVII and flew it on 60 ft. lines...but he used a Fox Golden Eagle .60...
Looked like it was dragging its tail while Joe whipped it around...A four stroke with the right amt. of power will make memorable flights!
I'm joes son Jason. I remember that plane well and still have most of the parts to it. I should know you ....!

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 04:35:34 AM »
Also consider an adjustable line guide so you can adjust how much line tension you get, on the bigger models I adjust the location of the line guide  fwd if the line tension is too high.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline jason Pearson

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:33 PM »
I never got to fly this plane but I did fly his sterman a lot and it didn't pull all that bad .
Jason,

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here