News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Profile scale CL model  (Read 2009 times)

Offline julio carmo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Profile scale CL model
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
Hi
Wehre can I get a plan for the P51 Mustang, profile fuselage, for control line, engines 1.5cc or 2.5cc?
Julio

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Profile scale CL model
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
Hi
Wehre can I get a plan for the P51 Mustang, profile fuselage, for control line, engines 1.5cc or 2.5cc?
Julio

Julio,

Welcome!

Did you mean .15cc and .25cc ?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:44:15 AM »
I would think he meant 1.5cc  or 2.5cc  that is a .09 or a .15 size engine.  I am sure some one will respond with a source for the plans.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
I would think he meant 1.5cc  or 2.5cc  that is a .09 or a .15 size engine.  I am sure some one will respond with a source for the plans.

John,

Guess I have my CC's mixed up.  n~

I just picked up a Balsa USA Mustang kit.

The Mustang is a great aircraft to model, in any size.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
I have taken plans that show a full bodied model and just build the profile fuselage to match the side shape on the plans. You can almost take any set of plans even if they are too small or large and have a copy made to the size you want. FedEx/Kinkos has large copiers that can enlarge and shrink plans and 3-views. just make sure the outlines are good enough if you plan on entering any contests with it.

Or you can take your favorite 3-view and have that enlarged to the span you want.

This our CL club website here in St Louis with some info or CL scale. When I built the B-29 model I just enlarged the 3-view to the size I wanted and then sketched in the construction techniques on that copy.

Fred Cronenwett

http://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/cl-models/scale/
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »
A modern 2.5cc engine will produce as much power as a 1950's 3cc engine (if anyone had made such, then).  So you may want to mention the specific engine, or engines, that you have in mind and ask for what's a good plane size.

Outerzone has a good plans listing.  So does Hip Pocket Aeronautics.

Try this.  There's a bunch of rubber freeflight planes in the list, but also some CL planes about the right size:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/advanced/search_advanced/results.asp?Tag1=Scale&Tag2=*&Tag3=*&Year1=0&Year2=2014&Span1=24&Span2=30&Keyword1=Mustang&KeywordField1=TextNotes&Keyword2=*&KeywordField2=PlanTitle&Submit=Search
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here