News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Cessna Skymaster first flights at the abandoned Port Orchard Airport?  (Read 862 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
My son Ryan Shultz and I took his newly finished Electric Skymaster out to the old PortOrchard Airport last Saturday for a fun fly.
No Wind....
Not one person around anywhere to be seen during the 2 hours...
After walking all around the buildings...Not one hanger door open...everything locked up tight....
The main hanger and buildings are now being used by a CABINET MAKER?????????????????????

We test flew off the entrance street....but after a few flights...we moved over and used the runway and field.
NOT ONE PLANE IN THE SKY ANYWHERE TO BE SEEN...
Ryan new Skymaster RC is a hoot and a holler to fly...WOW! DOES THOSE TWIN ENGINES REALLY HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and what a great sight in the air...and the ground handling and take offs are soooooooooooooocooooooool~

ANY ONE KNOW WHY THE AIRPORT WAS CLOSED DOWN?????? WHATS THE STORY???
Don Shultz

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: New Cessna Skymaster first flights at the abandoned Port Orchard Airport?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »
I want to see!

Pictures!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »
I want to see!

Pictures!

Robert

We shot about 6 photos on his new little Ditgee' camera....and should have them up maybe by tomorrow..
I'll give him a call tomorrow morn.
Don
Don Shultz

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:15:34 PM »
Don, I don't think the Port Orchard airport is abandoned. Not very busy but not abandoned! As a matter of fact the city has more than $900,000 in the 2008 budget for airport upkeep.  Mike
mike potter

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »
Don, I don't think the Port Orchard airport is abandoned. Not very busy but not abandoned! As a matter of fact the city has more than $900,000 in the 2008 budget for airport upkeep.  Mike

Hummmmmmmmmmm?

Not a plane is sight, sitting on the property, or ...for around 2 hours....
Not a hanger door open...
Not a car in sight......
Not a person anywhere......during our entire time we spent checking out the place.

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE MAIN BUIDINGS TAKEN OVER BY THAT CABINET MFG. SHOPS?

WOW! ALMOST A MILLION BUCKS FOR UPKEEP...WHAT A WASTE OF TAX PAYERS $$$$
Don Shultz

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 05:17:36 AM »
We fly at the Plainwell Airport, and on some perfect nights it is the same way no one in sight. That is why they like to have us fly out there. Airplanes are airplanes, and it makes the airport look busy. I belong to the Plainwell Pilots Association and we do all of the Airport up keep. At 44 I'm probably one of the youngest members. Airplanes and flying just do not appeal to the younger generations now. When I was a kid I loved Airports and just hanging out at them. I got my first job off the farm at Austin Lake Airport and Seaplane base when I was 12. I mowed runways there were three of them all grass and 2700 feet long It took all day to mow one runway and then when I had finished all of them and the rest of the grounds it was time to start all over. Lots of planes comming and going. I used to pump gas also when not sitting on the mower. Now I can sit at the airport all day and the only one there is Paul the FBO.  :'( :'(

Leroy

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »
I want to see!

Pictures!

Robert
This shot was taken before Ryan added all the extra paint n' trim goodies and as history shows...it can be betta if the trimming is finished before the final paint trim is done...just in case of pilot errrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrroooooh SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPENS
(Shot of Ryan being rep'd by his Grandmother.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here