News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need Help: Looking for Needle Valve  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Jim Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Need Help: Looking for Needle Valve
« on: December 20, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »
Howdy y'all!  Well I'm in the final stages of building the B-29 and I'm ready for the engine test runs.  Well, I've searched my shop and it appears I've misplaced or lost the needle valve for one of my engines :-[.  I have no idea what I did with it so I'm hoping someone may have one they could part with.  I'm using OS Max 25's with the 21 carburetors.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks in advance!!

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL.

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
Re: Need Help: Looking for Needle Valve
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »
I have a complete FP20 carb that appears to have the exact same needle valve.

Phil

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
Jim,

I have some extra OS Needle valves for the FP 25 and a box of spare parts for the Carb's. How many Needle valves do you need?

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:40:44 PM »
   I think that is also the same needle valve used in the FP series rear needle set up when that first came out. It's a good set up and they never should have changed it back to the "O" ring style like they did for the LA series. Tower Hobbies may still have some of those.
   Type at  you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
Hi Phil!!  Hi Fred!!  Hi Dan!!  I hate to be a bother but unless I'm mistaken the needles for the FP series are different from the MAX series aren't they?  The first one is the one I need and fits the 21 carburetor.  The FP engines use the 2B carb don't they?  Although they look similar, is the needle the same??  The second engine (on the right side) is a 25 also, but it is physically larger than the first one (on the left side), has a 2B carb and that needle won't fit.  I really built myself into a pickle!   :-[

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
I may have something.  Do you just need the needle, or do you need the whole valve assembly?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
My carb says 2a on it.  

Looks pretty similar to me...

Phil

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
   The ones used on the FP-rear needle vale series, both R/C and C/L versions, used that needle. The needle valve assemble was mounted to a metal bracket held on with the rear cover plate screws. The NVA for the carbs you have screwed into the carb body, a 4mm fine thread I believe. I use these NVAs for spigot style venturls for control stunt applications. I think they are quite universal among a wide range of OS engines starting with the MAX series up to the FP series. That may help your search. You may have one in a junk box and not even know it! Looks like you have had a good response to your post so you should be fixed up.
   HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here