News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:23:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nats scale rules  (Read 603 times)

Offline Hemi Steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Nats scale rules
« on: June 26, 2023, 09:57:33 PM »
Sigh....Somehow I posted an incomplete post. please disregard my first post on this topic.

The issue is the last line of rule 7,1,1,1 (c)

"The use of three-view drawings,
photographs or plastic model for proof of Accuracy of
Outline will only count as one (1) page of the Sport Scale
documentation.
"

Pete, Allan
I'm finalizing my documentation for this year's entries in Sport Scale, Team Scale and Fun scale.  Last year I was entered in Sport Scale and Fun Scale and in my documentation packages I counted multiple "accuracy of outline" pages as one page and I did not get negative feedback relative to 7.1.1.1 (c).  Am I ok if I do the same thing this year for Sport, Team and Fun scale??
Steve

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
Re: Nats scale rules
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 08:28:56 AM »
Steve - let me check with our Head Judge about your question. 

Section 7.1.1. limits the number of pages with the statement:  Proof of Scale is the responsibility of the contestant and must be represented by documentation. To allow for efficient, yet thorough, judging the required documentation should be concise, yet thorough, and well organized. This proof may be a maximum of four (4) pages for Fun Scale (526), a maximum of four(4) page document for ½ A Scale (529), a maximum of eight page document for Sport Scale (509), Profile Scale (521), Team Scale (527) and a maximum of twelve (12) page document for Authentic Scale (528 ).

Section 7.1.1.1.c. states:  The use of three-view drawings, photographs or plastic model for proof of Accuracy of Outline will only count as one (1) page of the Sport Scale documentation.

I will get back to you with Richard's official answer.

Pete

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 05:54:51 PM »
OK Steve - Here's the official answer from Richard....

Yes, it's o.k. to have multiple "accuracy of outline" pages in the documentation, and count them as one page.  However, it may not be such a good idea.  The judges only have a few minutes to compare the model to the documentation for each of the three aspects being judged - Plan, Side and End views.  Using only a minimum (one) piece of documentation to make this comparison for each of these aspects - whether its one page with all three views, whether its photos or drawings, or a separate page for each view, makes our judgement more accurate than trying to sift through multiple pages for each view.  We don't just look at individual shapes and details, we also look at relationships of the shapes and details to each other.  This judgment accuracy, assuming the model and documentation match, leads to higher score numbers.  Having to guess at the match because we didn't have time to find the appropriate picture/page, or finding a picture that shows the model doesn't match leads to lower score numbers...  If we have to guess at something, we seldom assume its right...

So I guess the short answer, is yes, it's o.k. to put lots of Accuracy of Outline pages/pictures in the documentation, but I doubt it will help the score, and it could very well hurt it.  To quote the rule book:  keep it "concise, yet thorough, and well organized".

I hope this provides clarification, and not confusion. 

Offline Hemi Steve

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 07:50:10 PM »
OK.  I get it, thanks for the answer Pete. I know what I'm going to do now.

Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here