News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting Started in Control Line Fun Scale  (Read 716 times)

Offline Pete Bauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Getting Started in Control Line Fun Scale
« on: January 13, 2024, 11:19:14 AM »
I wrote this article to encourage C/L flyers to try a scale event - Fun Scale. Feel free to share with others and in your club.

Thanks to Pete Mazur for the photos documenting his ARF Bearcat conversion.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
Re: Getting Started in Control Line Fun Scale
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 08:46:47 PM »
Good article.  Im mixed on the whole admitting prefabricated foamies in, but the goal is greater participation, so Ill take it.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 03:48:24 PM »
Fun Scale is a flying event, if you look at the Static scores in CL fun scale they range from 9 to 10 (2023 Nats). In RC fun scale you only have to prove the outlilne, and the one set of results I saw everyone had the same 5 point static score on the RC fun scale event. Bottom line the event is won or lost by the flying score. So if the person flies a foam, balsa, ARF what really matters is how the flight is scored. If you bounce a landing or have one thing go wrong then your score will suffer.

What fun scale does really well is that takes the pilot thru all of the steps to compete. 1) create a documentation package with a 3-view and pictures   2) do a flight with 6 options and score a 95 out of 100 or more to do well.

The options you pick are important - What 6 did you pick and did you practice the flight before the Nats? Or did you show up and then try the contest flight for the first time?

Everyone does the same take off, 10 level laps, realism and landing

But the 6 options you pick are important and are based upon the model you are flying.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 04:36:07 AM »
I wrote this article to encourage C/L flyers to try a scale event - Fun Scale. Feel free to share with others and in your club.
Thanks to Pete Mazur for the photos documenting his ARF Bearcat conversion.

Thank you, Peter, for this great article. It is a very valuable contribution to the much needed support of c/l scale. I would like to translate it into German and arrange for publication on the swiss c/l hompage: www.fesselflug.ch. May I ask for your approval to do so?

Thank you and kind regards,
Peter
Peter Germann

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 08:56:52 AM »
Thank you, Peter, for this great article. It is a very valuable contribution to the much needed support of c/l scale. I would like to translate it into German and arrange for publication on the swiss c/l hompage: www.fesselflug.ch. May I ask for your approval to do so?

Thank you and kind regards,
Peter

Yes Peter, you have my approval to translate the article into German and arrange for publication on the Swiss C/L homepage.

Pete Bauer

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here