Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FW-187  (Read 902 times)

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FW-187
« on: May 07, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »
Any one ever come across decent 3-views of this airraft?

I've seen very rare occasional comments on it. Nicer looking than the Me-110, and supposedly faster, better turning radius, handling, etc., but not chosen for the Zerstorer role...

TIA

\BEST\LOU

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
Re: FW-187
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »
Here is all I found so far.
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »
Bob Banka lists two different 3-view drawings of the Fw 187.  One of those drawings shows the outline with some detail.  The other includes cross sections. 

Bob's Aircraft Documentation

http://www.bobsairdoc.com

(714) 979-8058

There are small outline drawings and a tone drawing in William Green's book "Warplanes of the third Reich".  The Green book goes into some detail to explain the history of this aircraft.

The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Aircraft, Issue 92, has a short description of the aircraft and a has a small color side profile.

"Interesting" airplane.

Keith Trostle

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »
Thanks, both...

I have one other reference, but the illustrations are a dubious color 'impression' and an in-flight from high right front. The splinter camo works too well in that photo...

For Keville's thrills, this one is interesting as it has a DB 605-type nacelle instead of a big bass drum cowling for the more usual radial engines...

Then there was also the (few made) Merlin-engined, all-glass front Blenheim I...
\BEST\LOU

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 05:59:26 PM »
Lou, here is a place that has lots of 3D and  a few pictures.  Hope you can read Russian.
Lee TGD    http://www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html
AMA791773CD

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 12:23:38 PM »
Lee,

Thanks for the link!

Despite McAfee having doubts about the site - Site Adviser showed a 'caution' - I was able to navigate to the WWII "fighters" section and the small 3-view plus fuselage cross sections image, posted here earlier, is there as a 65+K Tiff. Size, lines and detail all look very usable.

BTW, on the site, I was able to get all but the sub-list headings in English by clicking either the Union Jack or the Stars & Stripes icon above the lists. The individual aircraft IDs all went to English.

NOW the only problem would seem to be the open-front spinners. Hmmm, someone else has done that, I do believe, on a different 1/2A twin scale model...

\BEST\LOU

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 02:30:41 AM »
Er...

The 'other' reference is Kenneth Munson's German Aircraft of WW2 in colour, Blandford Pess Ltd., 1978. No general layout drawings, but detailed spec box in metric and Imperial units. Also, an ambiguous photo plus an 'artist's impression' showing an instance of known color and markings.

Looks better by the moment...

\BEST\LOU

Offline Superclown

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
Henry
Superclown

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 12:58:50 AM »
Henry, et al,

(Al who??)

I also surfed references in the nasascale site and found a German language resource (Luftwaffe) that had muchos goodies! I can sorta still read German, and have a Langenscheidt's New College German-English/English-German Dictionary to hand.

Even some COLOR pix of the Fw-187, one showing the people end and what look like the engine gauges on the inboard side of the port nacelle!
\BEST\LOU

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here