News:

• May 02, 2024, 03:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dewoitine Tri Motor  (Read 712 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Dewoitine Tri Motor
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:36:37 PM »
Here it is: Currell's trimotor, as successfully started-up and test flown by Bart Klapinski at Tucson,,,
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Dewoitine Tri Motor
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »
Only 6th place, tough crowd !!!
Paul Smith

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:01:48 PM »
Thanks, Paul. Thought I would put in a plug for Mike Keville's 1/2A Multi Engine Profile Scale contest, held last month in Tuscon, AZ even though I didn't attend.

My approach to this tri motor Dewoitine was pretty much similar to a Musciano Meet Hollow Log, and was the least involved, construction wise, in the meet. All wood construction, laminated fuselage. I just barely got it done in time (don't ask what Next Day UPS is from Shelby Twp Mi to Tuscon), and the finish suffered for it. Also, time ran out for cowls. The other models at the show were pretty much front row, with mine trailing by quite a bit.

I had the good fortune to have Bart Kapinski as a Proxy pilot, and he and his crew were able to get 10 laps with all three Black Widows going (this is a "do or die requirement)". Bart thought that the little Dewotine (my model was the smallest in the meet) arguably was one of the better flying models, and I credit both Bart and the tri motor setup for this. Bart was doing touch and goes on the single center engine. It is helpful to have one of the engines (actually, my strongest BW) right on the center line.  The "decals" were made up specially by a local sign company, right off of three views.

Anyway, it sounds like everyone had a ball, and maybe we can at least double the number of entries next year. I'm already trying to pick a model for next year!

Currell

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:33:14 AM »
Have you flown it yourself yet Currell? It sure looks nice for not having enough time to finish it. I think you should do a B24 for next year and do a construction article, or just do a building topic on the District VII C/L forum. Frank Carlisle is the moderator. We are currently doing a BHM Perky kit build. We also have discusions on contests and events in Michigan mostly such as the Tour D Michigan Fun Fly we have planned for next year.

Leroy

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
Hi Leroy: No, I have not flown it yet. It was finished Wed, next dayed to Tuscon  to arrive Thurs, flown over weekend.

Don't know what model I will do for 08, but I would be glad to do a construction article. Currell

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 04:59:40 AM »
Currell;
    That would be great! you do such a nice job on your small planes! I'll be waiting for it.

Leroy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here