News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:24:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cheating:  (Read 1364 times)

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Cheating:
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:18:17 AM »
Several weeks ago I made comment about someone cheating and owing the trophy he won to someone else. Apparently another flier thought I was speaking of him. My original cheater did it in 1984.
  Last week while I was in Tucson I found out all about another cheater. I won't say here but I am going to post the complete rundown on my web sight in a few weeks. I don't think it would be fair to Sparky to involve this web sight in the revaluation I will make. Lets just say the Hypocrite is in for a rude awakening. This has been confirmed with personal contact  giving 4 confirming statements.

Offline Ken Deboy

• Commander
    • Silk and Dope
Re: Cheating:
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »
What is your web site url?

thanks,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
www.dickbyron.com It will not be posted for a few weeks. I am going to send it to AMA first. I am sick of all the cheating and it is going to stop PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!! mw~ mw~ mw~

Offline Mike Lauerman

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »
Dick:

I hope you have a sealed letter with the D.A., just in case. Scenarios like this when the subject knows he is found out can result in desperate measures...

Mike

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 06:08:55 AM »
Believe it or not there are several people involved. Not only the actual cheaters but those that ignore it are to blame for this measure. It appears that scale has had a long history of cheating. Much more that stunt.
   Let me explain here why it is destroying the events in scale. How would you feel if you worked on a scale ship for 5 years only to find out the flier that got a better score purchased his model from someone. I would not care if the other person (IE The builder) flew it, no problem. Its the rules, you write them, I follow them, but some others don't think they have to. The knowledge I have of cheating gos back to the mid 80's. I will reveal the letter as soon as the AMA reads it and discusses it with me. It will be posted on my web sight. www.dickbyron.com

It is a sad day:

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »
Believe it or not there are several people involved. Not only the actual cheaters but those that ignore it are to blame for this measure. It appears that scale has had a long history of cheating. Much more that stunt.
   Let me explain here why it is destroying the events in scale. How would you feel if you worked on a scale ship for 5 years only to find out the flier that got a better score purchased his model from someone. I would not care if the other person (IE The builder) flew it, no problem. Its the rules, you write them, I follow them, but some others don't think they have to. The knowledge I have of cheating goes back to the mid 80's. I will reveal the letter as soon as the AMA reads it and discusses it with me. It will be posted on my web sight. www.dickbyron.com

It is a sad day:

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Statute of Limitations?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 03:19:28 PM »
I think you need to nail 'em on the day of the contest, or else they get away with it.

Scale is definately a BUILDER's event, and somebody who enters a model he didn't build is very, very wrong.   But if the enters, get it static-judged, flys, and gets the  trophy, it's a done deal.  Just be on the lookout next time.

For decades, people have thought that the USSR's winning F4b models were build in gov-mint shops by teams of skilled tradesmen, but short of bringing in the CIA, it was never proven.   When the "builders" got too old to fly and they were replaced by younger pilots, there was strong suspesion.
Paul Smith

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »
You are right. I do not expect any thing to be corrected I just want to expose the hypocrite's for what the are. CHEATERS!!!!! When you find out who they are you will fall over in your tracks. mw~ mw~ mw~

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
[CHEATERS!!!!! When you find out who they are you will fall over in your tracks. mw~ mw~ mw~

I certainly won't be surprised!!  In my 71 years of modeling 67years of competition) I have seen MUCH cheating of all sorts.  From speed events to FF to CL  It is mind boggling.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
[CHEATERS!!!!! When you find out who they are you will fall over in your tracks. mw~ mw~ mw~

I certainly won't be surprised!!  In my 71 years of modeling 67years of competition) I have seen MUCH cheating of all sorts.  From speed events to FF to CL  It is mind boggling.

Bigiron

Hi Uncle Marvin,

Don't say that too loud........... ;D (no one has EVER cheated in CLPA....)

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »
As someone used to say on one of the forum,  "They win all the time so they must cheat more than me".  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 02:42:59 PM »

I am glad to hear from some of my long time friends here. There has been cheating going on I am sure but in all other events it amounts to a small portion of the score. In scale it is 50% of the score. There is no other event where the builder of the model rule needs to be enforced more.
   The people of whom I speak knew they were cheating. I just  want to know WHY? What in gods green earth were you thinking. Every one that knows me knows I will not keep quiet.
   Was it the big first place trophy? You could have purchased it at your local K Mart, they both have the same meaning. You would have saved yourself the cost of flying.

You (and you know who you are) make me sick. HYPOCRITE'S

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »
  It was an interesting conversation we had Dick.  I am happy to know the complete situation and can say I am 100% in agreement with you.  Cheating certainly has no place in this hobby/sport.
  Cheating is cheating no matter what event it occurs in.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here