News:

• May 19, 2024, 08:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cessna 320 Skynight, a great twin for CL!  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Cessna 320 Skynight, a great twin for CL!
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
Cessna 320 Skynight.

Here's a quick back story.

In and around 1985 or so, I drew plans to the Cessna 320 Skynight. I used a factory sales brochure. Full color photos and a great three view! It was all I needed.

Not a large model, actually set up for R/C using two Enya 15's. I finished framing the thing and like many modeling projects I lost interest and never finished it. I actually took it to a WRAM show and tried to sell it. No takers.

I eventually sold it to a "pest." A modeler that pested me for it. Yes, what a mistake.

Well, after almost 17 years, I'm trying to buy it back! I'll let you know what happens.

Anyway, I purchased a disc on ebay that has plans for a 54" model of the Cessna 320 Skynight.

Here's the thing. I tried to locate plans and 3-views many times. All that was available was 3-views of the Cessna 310.

The 310 had nacelles that were longer than the wing cord. I remembered my 320 as having nacelles that were about 80% of the wing cord.

As you can see from these plans, the nacelles are 80% or there about of the wing cord. Plans could be drawn incorrectly?

OK! So who has 320 stuff? I need 320 information. How about Flying Models magazine, Feb/March, 1962? Anyone got that?

Yes, I'll build one if I cannot buy my other one back.

Thanks,

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Cessna 320 Skynight, a great twin for CL!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Cessna 320 Skynight.

OK! So who has 320 stuff? I need 320 information. How about Flying Models magazine, Feb/March, 1962? Anyone got that?

Yes, I'll build one if I cannot buy my other one back.

Thanks,

Charles

I have that magazine. Check your email.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »
i have a 3 view drawinf and a B&W photo.

Offline Neville Legg

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »
Plenty of colour photos on WWW.AIRLINERS.net  and WWW.air-britain.co.uk  

Cheers    Neville
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:31:38 PM by Neville Legg »
"I think, therefore I have problems"

(not) Descartes

Offline Jim Pruitt

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
Hello Charles.

Have you had any progress on the Cessna 320?  I am curious how it is going.

Thank you.

Jim

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
Jim,

I built one over 30 years ago, using the exact drawing above.

I pest talked me out of it and I'm trying to get it back.

If I can't get it back, I'm gearing up to build another.

I have plans on a CD. Got them on ebay. I'd like to have a copy of that 3-view above.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here