Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

Builder of the model?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Will Hinton:
As a scale judge I feel the model is well within the scope of the BOM.  Just try to join those fuse' halves up without a lot of fussing and grumbling.  sheesh, that's a lot of nasty possibilities, I know, because I once made a couple of molded fiberglass fuse sides and when I started to join them, I wondered what in the world I was thinking!

Dan McEntee:
  Definition of "expert" : noun, A former drip under pressure!

I would ask the guy to show you the rule in HIS rule book!

Even if it's a glass fuselage, you still have to build it and add the detail. Like it has been mentioned already, typical for one of today's kits.

Type at you later,
      Dan McEntee

bob whitney:
they have been using B/V fiberglass bodys for years in R/C Scale .if a Bob Hunt fully sheeted wing (which i have no problem with) is legal than i see no problem with a fiberglass body .i am sure a couple of the higher ups will jump in here before too long and make it official S?P

Hemi Steve:
Thanks guys....I feel much better now.
Steve

Paul Smith:

--- Quote from: bob whitney on April 11, 2021, 01:55:54 PM ---they have been using B/V fiberglass bodys for years in R/C Scale .if a Bob Hunt fully sheeted wing (which i have no problem with) is legal than i see no problem with a fiberglass body .i am sure a couple of the higher ups will jump in here before too long and make it official S?P

--- End quote ---

But then Stunt and Scale are two different categories. 
Stunt is primarily about flying and (sometimes) maybe 2% about appearance.
Scale is all about building a scale model that flys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version