Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

Builder of the model?

<< < (6/6)

FLOYD CARTER:
I used to build and fly R/C scale models.  In scale, If I were to build from  a kit, I would first take photos of all the kit parts, especially any pre-made fiberglass parts.  This might show the level of effort required to complete the model, based on the pile of raw materials in the kit.  As already noted, any kit represents some level of pre-fabrication,. So the ratio of pre-fab to builder fab is always a subjective issue.  Any CD with experience in the event should rule based on both written rules and the most recent trend of interpretation.

Dick Byron:
We have had several contestants fly models with complete fiberglass fuse and additional components in FAI with no problem. The truth be told many of the models I observed at the Worlds were not built by the flier. Unfortunately that is why there is no more world championships.

Will Hinton:

--- Quote from: Dick Byron on September 25, 2021, 08:51:21 PM ---We have had several contestants fly models with complete fiberglass fuse and additional components in FAI with no problem. The truth be told many of the models I observed at the Worlds were not built by the flier. Unfortunately that is why there is no more world championships.

--- End quote ---
AAAhhh, but they are working on bringing it back!  Stay tuned for updates.

Dick Byron:
That would be wonderful. 

Paul Smith:
The Fun Scale event allows flyers to fly factory made models that they did not build.  Most of these models are perfect in every way and would get the full 100 points from a fair judge.

The remaining events are a builders contests in which the contestants compete with their personal skill and craftsmanship. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version