News:

• May 01, 2024, 08:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak 1st in Fun and Profile Scale  (Read 654 times)

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Brodak 1st in Fun and Profile Scale
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »
A great day at Muncie for John and George Brodak.  #^ #^ #^

John entered profile Scale with his SAITO .56 powered LA-5 – one of his kits, by the way – and walked off with first in both the static judging and flying. He was justifiably proud, as he has put a Herculean effort into this plane, creating a most outstanding and realistic paint scheme – check out the photos.

His brother George flew a Hawk Speed 6 to a first in Fun Scale. His was powered by a SAITO .50.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!  y1 y1

Bob Z.

Joejust

Re: Brodak 1st in Fun and Profile Scale
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:49:54 PM »
I had the opportunity to see this plane up close at the Brodak fun fly. What an impressive plane!  Congradulations to John for this oustanding effort. y1

Joe Just

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:27:53 AM »
Great looking pictures.  Maybe I will get to see it in person one of these years.  Also glad to hear that John and his brother are having success.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »
I saw George's flight at Brodaks and it was great. Lots of work.
Wayne Buran
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
I just recieved word of this by e-mail. I'm so happy for John. He took the design and executed it brilliantly. He reports that it's also a great flying airplane. Makes me very happy as well. Bob Z should recieve some kudos as well for the great retract system he designed for it.

Also, notice that unlike many who model WW2 Russian fighters, John is totally accurate in his paint and markings. There are no big red stars on the wings top surface. They didn't use them because it made it easier for the enemy above them to pick them out agianst the ground. They did have them on the undersides though, as they didn't want their own ground AA crews to shoot down their own planes.

Congratulations, Team Brodak.
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here