News:

• April 26, 2024, 09:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 view drawings  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
3 view drawings
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:06 AM »

go to  --  http://www.luft46.com/

this might give you an idea for an interesting profile scale model.  be sure to check out some of the Blom & Voss drawings.

Tom Wilk

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 3 view drawings
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
And here I thought that B & V only made one really odd looking airplane.  Do you know if these are all actual airframes, or if some of them are just design studies?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »
many were proposed but never went past the drawings. a few were single built but never went anywhere due to problems.  then there were the politics that froze out a few superior models that were brushed aside because that company did not have a good relationship with Speer who was head of production. I believe Heinkel had a better fighter design that the Bf.109 but Willie Messerschmidt got the go ahead while Heinkel was left with the He.111 bomber. 

also take a look at the Hutter.  it was piston powered and the cockpit that far back reminds me somewhat of a Gee Bee.
Tom

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:38:42 AM »
many were proposed but never went past the drawings. a few were single built but never went anywhere due to problems.  then there were the politics that froze out a few superior models that were brushed aside because that company did not have a good relationship with Speer who was head of production. I believe Heinkel had a better fighter design that the Bf.109 but Willie Messerschmidt got the go ahead while Heinkel was left with the He.111 bomber. 
Hitler and his cronies did more for the Allied war effort than any other single group of people.  That's a twisted thing to be thankful for, but imagine how much worse it would have been if they were crazy, selfish, and competent?

I like the BV-141 -- but then, I like oddball airplanes.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
I do not consider them ugly or oddball.   I consider them unique with character (like me).

Tom

Advertise Here
Tags: scale 

Advertise Here