News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rib Jig holes  (Read 7504 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rib Jig holes
« on: February 23, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »
Hi Eric, I just received my Tony kit and see you've switched to 3/8" jig holes. Are the 5/32" jig holes an option in future purchases ??
Leester
ama 830538

Offline eric rule

• Commander
Re: Rib Jig holes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
If you special order the kit (i.e. have me manufacture it for you and not just pull it from stock) I can put whatever size jig holes in there that you desire. Just put your request in the "REMARKS" section of the on line order form.
Eric

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
Thank You !!
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:16:40 AM »
Eric-
Is there a way to make the ribs with the larger holes work on an adjust-o-jig with 5/32" rods?
Also, I'm sure you have a reason for the change, what is it? I'm guessing maybe the larger diameter holes work better with the laser?

Just curious, since I'm on the trail of an adjust-o-jig and have a couple of your kits on the shelf, and not sure what size holes are in them, if any.
Thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:38:13 PM by Chris Behm »
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »
Chris:

The larger jig holes in the ribs have nothing to do with the laser's ability. The only reason for the larger diameter holes is requests from customers. The Adjust-O-Jig uses wires that have a 5/32" diameter. That is what size you should use on that particular jig.

Other jigs, including the one I manufacture (one of which is shown in Mike Griffin's Vendors Corner) can have any size holes the customer wants. Since I now have a large supply of 5 mm carbon fiber tubes I have changed the holes in my jig to accept these as the jig rods. I like using the CF rods as they do not flex under any conditions. So this makes my wings absolutely straight and level.

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
That makes sense. Thanks for the reply, Eric.
Do most of your kits come with the 5mm holes, or are the ribs hole-less unless specified?
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi Chris:

Just back from the VSC so apologize for the delayed reply.

With over 90 kits in production I simply can not recall what size jig holes each has. Over the past 14 years that we have been using the laser to cut the kits different wing ribs have ended up with different diameter jig holes (usually due to a customer request that we send him ribs with jig holes that match his jig). Since we stared out putting 3/32" diameter holes (that matched the Adjust-o-Jig) in the ribs many of the older kits still have that diameter jog hole. My best advice to you is so simply place a note in the Remarks section of the on line order form to let me know what diameter jog holes you want in any kit you order. When this happens we simply cut a new kit for the customer instead of pulling one from stock.  This will delay shipping the order for a couple of days but the customer gets ribs that match his particular jig.

Eric

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »
Thanks Eric. Hope you had a blast at vsc.
I looked at the leprechaun stuka, it has no holes in the ribs you sent, just laser cut punchouts, so I'm good on that one.
I've been told the adjusto-jig rods are 5/32", and I have a pair of them coming this week, minus the end pieces. I'll just make something for that.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here