Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Forum / Re: Price of castor oil
« Last post by Dave_Trible on Today at 04:12:18 PM »
this is where I get castor
https://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/bulk-natural-oils/castor-oil/
runs fine
Fred Q
Thats a good price.  Just ordered four gallons.  Shipping cost is the same as one gallon.

Dave
Open Forum / Re: Another Legend Gone West.
« Last post by Roy DeCamara on Today at 03:44:03 PM »
When I try to read from the link for obituary some pop up tried to sell me a subscription to the Washing Post and I can't get rid ot the pop up to read the obit. ~> ~> ~>
« Last post by Fred Quedenfeld jr on Today at 03:21:35 PM »
« Last post by Dave_Trible on Today at 03:10:20 PM »
Not sure what a 'bottle' is in quantity.  Two sources I use are:

Make your own Buzz .com    $ 31.00   a gallon
Wholesale Supplies .com   $$35.00  a gallon

Sometimes shipping charges affect which I order.

Dave

So I looked at Brodak.  That's about $16 per QUART and $16 shipping.   These above will be VERY MUCH cheaper.  Another source could be HyperFuels.  They also sell and ship nitro by the gallon.   Methanol by the five gallon.
Classifieds / Classic Scientific built up's and hollow log
« Last post by Dave Cowell on Today at 02:39:38 PM »
Greetings fellow Control liners,
  I'm searching to 2 kits marketed by Scientific back in the late 1950's - early 1960's. The first one is the Built up fuselage with plastic top deck and cowling Fokker D7. It has about an  18" wingspan,  and used flat wings. This is kit # 148.

The second is the SE-5.  Hollow log type with solid wings, about a 12" wingspan. This is kit # S-62

Both models were designed by Walt Musciano back in the day.  I've provided box art of both kits. Any leads or information would be greatly appreciated.
I can be contacted through my email: dpcmodels@aol.com
Thanks all for your time in advance.

Regards,
               Dave Cowell
         DPCM / Aerowerkes
Open Forum / Price of castor oil
« Last post by Matt Curtis on Today at 02:15:40 PM »
Castor oil will cost me over 30 .00 a bottle if I order it from brodak.   Is it expensive everywhere now? Mixing fuel yourself is not cheaper if I have to pay that much? How much is ritch's fuel 10 percent nitro 25 percent castor per gallon? What about 5 percent nitro?
Open Forum / Re: My P40 Maiden Flight
« Last post by Colin McRae on Today at 07:43:04 AM »
Any time I've had a dark residue in the exhaust there has been something loose, muffler, engine hold down bolts. I mix my own fuel for the dozen .46's I run half and half oil and 2 % nitro from 1000' msl to sea level year round. APC 11.5 x 4 launch at 9000 rpm 60 to 63 foot lines. Stock venturi and whatever muffler will fit or needed for balance from stock or fox 35 or tongue.

I run muffler pressure on all of my LA's. And I typically re-check the muffler bolts for tightness every few flights.

If running muffler pressure, it is very important to ensure that there are no exhaust leaks (muffler not loose, fuel tank not leaking air, etc.). The needle will be set a bit more closed with pressure compared to no pressure for the same ground rpm. If the muffler becomes loose in the air, or a fuel tank air leak develops, pressure will be reduced or lost, and the engine will go lean.
Open Forum / Re: Air Brushes
« Last post by Rusty on Today at 07:37:42 AM »
Hi Steve,

I recently purchased a “Paasche VL-3AS” airbrush set that comes with .55,.75, and 1.05 mm spray heads from Amazon for $80. It is excellent!

Dennis

Amen to that.  I have 2 of these.  One is set up for fine spray pattern and the other wide.   I used mine yesterday to spray exhaust residue on the P51. 

Open Forum / Re: My P40 Maiden Flight
« Last post by Al Ferraro on Today at 07:35:56 AM »
Al,

All the mufflers I have on my Max S engines are the strap around the head style with a approx. a 5/16" diameter outlet. Can you better describe where exactly you are recommending a 5/16 hole be drilled. I do believe I read somewhere here some mufflers had a much larger outlet and the engine ran better.

Steve

Steve
  The LA 46 muffler has a .270 exhaust pipe outlet hole. What i recommend is to drill out the muffler exhaust outlet pipe all through the pipe with a 5/16 drill to enlarge opening of the pipe to .320.
Al
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise Here