News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine set up tips / Re: O.S. Max-s 35 wants to shut off?
« Last post by Brett Buck on Yesterday at 11:25:08 PM »
I don't have much experience with idle bar glow plugs.

I happen to have this idle bar plug, but not sure of the manufacturer or heat range. I saw a picture of a Zinger plug and it looks very similar based on the electrode tip being pointed. I also believe K&B made the Zinger plugs once upon a time.

The plug is a long-reach idle bar type. Can anyone please let me know if they know the manuf and heat range?

I will try it out on my OS Max-s 30 next time I am out flying my Banshee.

Thanks in advance

Looks like a Thunderbolt RC plug. Should work if it is not too frosted up and free of taters

Brett
Open Forum / Re: Col. Peck's Barracuda
« Last post by Dennis Saydak on Yesterday at 08:23:09 PM »
I remember seeing John Pecks original Barracuda at Wynn Pauls house around 1972. Pearly white with some bright orange trim if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's the information and picture I received from Wynn.

« Last post by Les McDonald on Yesterday at 07:00:00 PM »
I remember seeing John Pecks original Barracuda at Wynn Pauls house around 1972. Pearly white with some bright orange trim if I recall correctly.
« Last post by Ken Culbertson on Yesterday at 06:33:27 PM »
Here's a picture of my Barracuda model as far as I got with it. Unfortunately because of long term mobility problems I recently decided to hang up my C/L handle for good. I donated the Cuda to a good friend last week who is a master painter. He intends to paint it; and if all the stars align it may even be at the US Nationals this year. It's a very unusual design and as far as I know only a couple of Cudas were built.

Thought that picture looked familiar. I built one in 1967.  Slightly larger stab mounted in line.  Johnson 35s (I was just a kid and didn't know I was supposed to be using a Fox 35). Flew extremely well but had a short life when a clevis broke on the elevator flap connection.  I-Beams realy *spalt* better than D-Tubes.  Nothing left to rebuild.

Ken
« Last post by Dennis Saydak on Yesterday at 06:10:01 PM »
Yes, thanks for that Sina. I do have a color picture of the original Barracuda, which had an attractive paint scheme.
Open Forum / Re: Fiorotti programing g force
« Last post by Shorts,David on Yesterday at 04:31:55 PM »
Unless I did something wrong, my g-force programming only goes up to 5. So I set it at 3 and didn't see any difference. I'll try it at the max, 5, next time I go out. I am still using chinese escs to save weight, but perhaps I need to put in my castle 50s for the g force to work properly.

David
Thank you again Howard!
1/2 A building. / Re: Nylon firewall for Cox .049
« Last post by 944_Jim on Yesterday at 04:12:30 PM »
Mark, you know I like the smalls. I was trying to maintain a sense of perspective.

My biggest ship so far was the BHM Mosquito with twin Norvel .074s. I flew it with my RSM Renger handle, which is two layers of 1/16" plywood. I plan on using it with a .15-powered AkroMaster.
 I wouldn't fly either with a Cox handle...especially one pulled out of a 40 year old stash.

Nor would I fly anything on a hollow Carl Goldberg handle. The last one I had turned to dust as I tried to trace it as a template!

« Last post by Sina Goudarzi on Yesterday at 03:46:42 PM »
This might help.
sina
1/2 A building. / Re: Nylon firewall for Cox .049
« Last post by Mark Mc on Yesterday at 03:45:18 PM »
As for the handles, got some 1/4" plywood and a jigsaw?

Why not go really old school?  Grab a wood broomstick and cut down into sections, then drill holes in the ends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise Here