News:

• May 01, 2024, 02:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Yipee found a Johnson .29R !!  (Read 1376 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Yipee found a Johnson .29R !!
« on: February 24, 2008, 04:41:26 AM »
I finnaly found one after many years of looking. Have an ole Slipery almost finished and need to get engine for a final fit. I have a Weba .
28/ and a .25GT but they will go into a Firecracker later. This ones for fun and who knows?? I have a great small case Johnson but prefer the lge case .29R. Don't want to blow the head off with funny fuel!!
Cheers,Dan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Yipee found a Johnson .29R !!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »
Great news for your part.  I wish the NCLRA would have adopted Ken Smith's original proposal on B-Team in that the speeds would be held down around 90 mph max.  The first year he tried it at VSC Tuscon it got blowed out.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:52:32 PM »
What I found about Kenn's "classic B" nobody seemed to want to be restricted to building the old airplanes.  NCLRA BTR seems to appeal to more people, including me.  The only thing I don't like about it is the two-wheel LG.  Mono-wheels handle so much better!!!!!  It's also the only thing I don't like about CLOWN.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »
Seems I see two camps for B Team Race.

One camp for Nostalgia type old design stuff more to the liking of Stunt flyers and people too old to move quickly.  ;)

Second camp being C/L Racers that would be at home flying flying-wings with the hottest 29 that could be found. Cool, but too fast for me.

The NCLRA is a group of racers, not likely to be inclined to devote time to a Nostalgia event.
Guys like me and Doc, Keith Trostle, etc are more likely to like an 85-90 mph fun flying event revolving around the models and well flown passes and pit stops than all out racing.

I'm going to finish that Swee' Pea Doc, don't worry. Glad you got the Johnson and the Ealy Firecracker, BTW!

Chris...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:28:53 AM by Chris McMillin »

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
Keith Trostle entered his Scrambler in NCLRA B team race at last years "Cabin Fever" contest. Can't remember how well he placed, but he looked like he was having fun.

Cheers, Les

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
I think since Keith has come back to modeling he is having even more fun than he used to.  Just look at the planes he is building and flying.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
Keith Trostle entered his Scrambler in NCLRA B team race at last years "Cabin Fever" contest. Can't remember how well he placed, but he looked like he was having fun.

Cheers, Les

Wish I would have seen it. I should attend a race at Whittier, if nothing else but to check it out.
Chris...

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 11:35:05 AM »
/ Old time stunt had its roots for guys that made happen. Now VSC, even guys building Perky speed  ships. I would like OTR B-Team race. I have nothing against modern and they have their event.  I have carrier ships that could best modern B-Team racer in speed. Watch the grin holding unto a ST G-65R  abc running 50% nito.
Dan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here