News:

• May 16, 2024, 07:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What are good times to turn in Foxberg?  (Read 980 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What are good times to turn in Foxberg?
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »
      Hi Gang:

I found some race results from the 1979-1983 Foxberg races where a good time was a 6:00 minute heat for 70 laps with one pit stop.  This was with the Fox .35 Stunt engine.

I have not been around Foxberg since then, but with the additions of the LA.25 and The Brodak .25 has the speeds increased? If so what are the new times in Foxberg?

I just am breaking in a Brodak .25 to see what it will turn after it has been run for awhile.  What prop speeds should one expect from a good Brodak .25?  I guess the same could be asked about the LA .25 engine.  I have only seen the LA .25 engines flown in Speed Limit Combat and to say that they scream, is a gross understatement!

I have seen some very good Fox .35 Stunts in the past but with the newer technologies, one may expect a .25 to out perform the venerable Fox .35.

Back in the day, the Fox .35 Stunt would average about 27 seconds for 7 laps.  The winning came from great hot starts!

Be well,

Frank

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: What are good times to turn in Foxberg?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »
Fastest Foxberg I ever saw (Byron) with a fox 35 was 22 flat. We teched it and it was bone stock. Mine was 23.5 most the time and I would get 3rd or 4th. With an LA25 on a lightening streak idk ask the super slow rat guys.

MM

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: What are good times to turn in Foxberg?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:16:13 PM »
A good benchmark for 140 laps with a Fox 35 on a Shoestring/ Buster/ Cosmic Wind is 10 minutes. In Dallas we specify 4 pits. If you can break 10 minutes with 4 pits, you've had a really good race.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here