News:

• May 07, 2024, 05:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Supra Fly SSR build.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
Supra Fly SSR build.
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:42:23 AM »
Posted this in open before I woke up and decided to check the racing forum - duh.

Well it's cold, dark and windy in Albuquerque when I get off work these days. Time to start another hotel room building project. It's a Super Fly Super Slow racer, gotta get in on some of this high desert racing action. 
All the balsa is from the Bargain Bin at CLC. I'm trying to build it for less than $25, gonna recycle a bunch of saved parts, control system, hardware, tank, gear, etc. Rattle can and film covering. Trustee OS .25 FP from my SkyRingStreak beater will do the locomoting.

Test fitting parts, and marking ribs for notching spar slots. more pics in a few days.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Supra Fly SSR build.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
Looking good.  I just remembered the days I would be in a company school and lucky enough to be able to drive.  Always had planes to fly and kits to build.  While living in a motel room in Topeka KANSAS, I was putting the base coats of dope on a plane.  My boss caught the maid coming out of my room.  He asked her about any strange smells.  When she said yes, he replied that I used dope.  Then he had to run her down and explaing it was model airplane dope I was using.  Ah, the good, not so good days. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
Doc, I always suspected you used dope!

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
and not alloke comes in a bottle.

Tom  VD~   S?P

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
Bill,
That's the spirit!
Looks good so far. The designer, Dave Braun, says that a little glass on the nose doesn't hurt, although you may not need it if you elect to go "Foxless."

Dave "McSlow"

PS-I built a Brodak Stop Sign kit on the way home from the Nats a couple of years ago. Bought the kit at a hobby store that actually had a freeway sign somewhere in Missouri. Since I had to lug all the repair stuff along for a week of racing, I realized that I had mostly everything I needed to build a kit plane right there with me. If I had brought a building board, I could have even built a serious plane. As it was, I had to finish each night to a degree that I could lift off the motel room table and lay gently onto the dashboard for the next 500 miles....  Note that if you roll down the windows, you can easily spread dope fumes across all of America--and keep the concentration level in the truck breatheable. A caution: do not under any circumstances exceed the speed limit and get pulled over by the cops!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here