News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Skyray 35 Sport Race Event rules  (Read 1647 times)

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Sig Skyray 35 Sport Race Event rules
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Just a note that we have slightly altered the Skyray 35 Sport Race event for the Sig Contest. Here is a link to the circular that contains the modified rules.

http://members.zumatel.net/flysig/2009_Sig_CL_Contest.pdf

The biggest change from the original wording is rule #7 which pertains to the control lines. The new rule is consistent with the NCLRA Fox Race event  (I believe I just lifted it word for word from the NCLRA Fox Race rule.) . Here is the new wording:

7) Lines: 60' (+- 6") x .015 stranded steel. Pull test of 35#.

The difference from the original wording is that the original rule allowed only +6", and also allowed 0.014 solids.

Thanks and hope to see you at Sig.

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Sig Skyray 35 Sport Race Event rules
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
Hi, Alan;

Looked at the flyer and it still contains the old rules for lines. (You probably already knew that.  :) )

Also: inherent in all CL Racing is that line length is measured from the thrust line of the motor to the center  of the handle. This is an important note since some "casual" racers might think this is the required length of the LINES  themselves, i.e. eyelet-to-eyelet.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:29 AM »
Hi, Alan;

Looked at the flyer and it still contains the old rules for lines. (You probably already knew that.  :) )

Also: inherent in all CL Racing is that line length is measured from the thrust line of the motor to the center  of the handle. This is an important note since some "casual" racers might think this is the required length of the LINES  themselves, i.e. eyelet-to-eyelet.

Regards,

Bill Lee

Bill,
I think you are saying that the original flyer had the old rules   (I hope!!) but the link above should give you the new version---I just checked and I see the new version--so let me know if you are still seeing the old set.

What we do at Sig is measure out the distance and then put the plane with lines attached & handle and the entire assembly (centerline of plane to handle) needs to fall within the +- 6 inches. I can see your point though that someone new could misinterpret that the CL length "eyelet to eyelet" is the 60 feet.  Hmmmmm

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »
Hi, Alan;

Here's what the flyer says (cut-n-paste from the flyer):

...size is optional - we suggest two ounce tanks to prevent overruns.
6) No fuel or engine shut-offs
7) Lines: 60' (+6") x .014 solid or .015 stranded steel.
..."

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:43:01 PM »
Hi, Alan;

Here's what the flyer says (cut-n-paste from the flyer):

...size is optional - we suggest two ounce tanks to prevent overruns.
6) No fuel or engine shut-offs
7) Lines: 60' (+6") x .014 solid or .015 stranded steel.
..."

Bill

Yes that's the old flyer. If you are still getting it from my link, I think that you need to refresh your browser (it may have cached the old version).

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »
I still haven't figured out shut-offs are not allowed.  They can be a help when someone get into trouble.  Also they save an engine burn down when set too lean.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »
I still haven't figured out shut-offs are not allowed.  They can be a help when someone get into trouble.  Also they save an engine burn down when set too lean.  DOC Holliday

This is Fox Racing. It is suppose to be an entry event, not a pro event (I know, I know.....)

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 04:46:21 AM »
Yes that's the old flyer. If you are still getting it from my link, I think that you need to refresh your browser (it may have cached the old version).

No, that's what was there when I went to your link. Not a question of cache since your flyer had never been viewed before.

Oh, well, you've fixed it now....

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
As far as shutoffs go.  Here in SOCAL we allow shutoffs on all race classes.  When we fly the classes that ban shuroffs, i.e. FOX/SSR or Clown, etc., IF the pilot uses one during a race for other than a safety problem, DQ.

We got nailed in a Clown race when I had the shutoff set up too senstive, so when the airplane ballooned on takeoff into the wind, pilot reaction tripped the shutoff.  It was "Sorry Charlie" for us.  Needless to say for the future I re-adjusted the trip so that it would take a definite decision by the pilot to make it work.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
With the exception of Mouse I & II I think shut-offs should be required for all events.  They are not that hard to set up.  And I have seen and used some very simple systems.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here