News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rat Racing Engine help..  (Read 2590 times)

Offline beercamel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Rat Racing Engine help..
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:05:21 PM »
I just acquired a brand new in box K&B .40 RC engine..

I need to convert it to a LEGAL C/L engine for Rat Racing on my Quickie Rat..  I need a LEGAL venturi and needle valve assembly..

Does anybody know where I can get the parts I need and suggestions/hints/advice/ cautions or warnings?

thanks in advance!
ALL AIRSPEED and NO HEADING is how most people plan their lives..   PICK a HEADING!.. And you eventually get to where you want to go!

Offline PaulGibeault

• Commander
Re: Rat Racing Engine help..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »
Why don't you scroll down to LEE MACHINE SHOP & order a " TQR venturi" for your K&B. He does excellent work I'm told.
As for the NVA, just about anything from O.S., to SuperTigre will work. I personally like the Randy Smith NVA's myself. He's also on this forum. It's not hard, so good luck!

Cheers, Paul

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »

the question is ,are u going to fly Rat Race or Quicki Rat?? Rat Race is only 15 engines,  Quicki is front vwnturi 40's
rad racer

Offline beercamel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
the question is ,are u going to fly Rat Race or Quicki Rat?? Rat Race is only 15 engines,  Quicki is front vwnturi 40's

Since its .40 K&B..  and it goes on a quickie Rat airframe..  I think is safe to assume Quickie rat.. and probably more specific.. TQR
ALL AIRSPEED and NO HEADING is how most people plan their lives..   PICK a HEADING!.. And you eventually get to where you want to go!

Offline beercamel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
Why don't you scroll down to LEE MACHINE SHOP & order a " TQR venturi" for your K&B. He does excellent work I'm told.
As for the NVA, just about anything from O.S., to SuperTigre will work. I personally like the Randy Smith NVA's myself. He's also on this forum. It's not hard, so good luck!

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul.. I will check these sources out..   I am not so concerned over how to make an RC engine CL.. but to do so and insure they are legal if I can make the time to get to a race..

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
I have a few of his QR venturi's. They are manufactured to the correct size to be in compliance with the rules.

Online Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
If the engine is bone stock I'd suggest replacing the front case bolts. Bottom tape the holes 4-40 then get some 1" grade 8 socket head cap screws that have a 1/8th shank and shorten them to 1/2" and install with lock washers. Also, one of the major performance mods on this venturi restricted event is to open up the crankshaft timing. Stock timing is geared for easy starting for RC flyers and opens too late. You want at least 35/60 and could probably go more.

MM

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here