News:

• May 05, 2024, 04:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Racing at The Brodak  (Read 863 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Racing at The Brodak
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »
Foxberg, Tuesday afternoon.

After the first round, the 100-lap qualifying (2 pit) scores looked like something in the middle 7:25 range would make the 3-up final. But in the second moto, the stuff really got dialed in.

Leonard Bourel, Lightning Streak, pitted by Paul Smith, 6:53
Brad LaPoint, Buster, flown by Stewart Henderson, 7:02
Marvin Denny, Shoestring, flown by Joe Gilbert, 7:04
Paul Smith, Lightning Streak, flown by Brad LaPoint, 7:05

The 200-lap final with 3 pits came out as follows. Sorry, we'll all have to wait for CLW to see the times.

First, Lenny Bourel, Toronto, Ontario, LA 25
Second, Brad LaPoint, Dresden, Ontario, Brodak 25
Third, Marvin Denny, Wichita, Kansas, Fox 35 Stunt.

So, the Beanfield Flyers of Dresden scored a clean sweep, with the exception, of course, of Marvin Denny, whose name is pre-engraved on the results.

My two Lightning Streaks have now completed their fourth successful trip to Carmichaels.  A very cost-effective investment.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:20:41 AM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Racing at The Brodak
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »
Clown - Wednesday.

Not so successful from our end.  After Tueday's sweep, the east coast racers came back with a vengence.  None of our five entries (LaPointe, Bourel, Warwashana, Towers, and Smith) was able to put together the necessary combination of speed, pitting, laps, and crash avoidance to get into the final.  I believe the cutoff was about 127 laps this year, up from 124 in 2009.

I think the winners were Ross & Ferraro, Banjack & Palko, and Louis Lopez in the 15-minute finale.  See CLW.

Although we fielded a squardon of nice machines, Tuesday was our day, not Wednesday.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:29:28 AM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
Does Brodaks still say only beginners or has that been dropped?  You are going to have to  work harder on the Clown Racing> H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
I've been going down there since 2005.

There was never a "beginners only" rule.  In the past (pre 2009) there was a "NO Professionals" rule in Brodak racing.  That rule disappeared by 2009.

In 2010, a new rule appeared, "a person may work on only three teams per event".  As I see it, this pretty much wrote down the reality of what was going on anyway.  In Clown, there were four 3-up prelims, so even without the rule, you could only have crewed four.  Guys come down there alone with just a plane and people who can pit or fly want to help.

I guess the definition of a "racing professional" was too muddy to enforce, and some of the top winners at Carmichael's and Muncie were had the same names.  Maybe the change from "all you got" to LA15's in Clown made the "professionals" ban a moot point.  Anyway, based on collisions, line tangles, and wingover takeoffs, there are still some beginners (to racing) in the game.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here