News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick fill tanks  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Quick fill tanks
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:46:26 AM »
I have some club members looking for quick fill tanks, 1-2 oz. Any help.
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: Quick fill tanks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 06:50:15 AM »
We used to make our own, use a 1/2" dia. brass tube soldered in the tank and a baby bottle crosscut nipple in it. Then a 3/16" brass tube in the quick-fill bottle with a 1/16" vent-to-open-air tube soldered to the side. Back pit man jams it through the nipple and squeezes until fuel squirts out the vent while the front man is restarting the engine. Catch, jam, squeeze, pull out and launch.  Maybe 3-5 seconds in the pit.  I could draw you a diagram if you wanted.

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
Hi Wayne

I don't know of anyone currently manufacturing a "quickfill" type of fuel tank.

Unless you have a specific tank design in mind, I'd just the buy the correct size brodak tank, 1 or 2 oz. and re-plumb for racing, then install a mechanical quickfill. Melvin Shuette sells a very nice mechanial quickfill, as does the racing moderator of this forum Scott Jenkins.

Mark Warwashana can supply the Rubber "Duck Bill" type quickfill that "Dons" and "Taffinder" had supplied in the past. He also has the old "Dons" wheel line as well, and can supply them in the original hard black rubber, as well as red Polyeurethane, in sizes from 1.25-2.25" in 1/4" increments.

Les

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:35 AM »
Thanks Les,

Quick fill below $20.00 + S&H

Scott

On edit: The picture does not do it justice will post another at lunch.
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Willis Swindell

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »
This is the set up I use on the Dons quick fills it works for pressure and suction like a safety check too keep it closed . make a 1/32 wire half loop and bend both ends down into a vee this applies pressure to the duck bill to keep it closed . Notch the top of the half inch tube half way around it, then solder the wire in place and smooth the edges.
Willis   ;D

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:18:59 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. We will probably try to replumb something.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here