News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Norvel KK needle valve  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Norvel KK needle valve
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »
Need a KK needle valve for a Norvel 1cc engine.

The engine is new, and came with the KK setup installed, but the wrong needle! It does not fit the KK fine thread spray bar, and I've been told it's a Super Tiger needle.

Anyone know who might have one or more of the KK needles to sell?

Thanks for any help.

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Norvel KK needle valve
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »
          Hello Bill, Larry Driskill sells a fine threaded needle spraybar that will press into the existing aluminum venturi in a Norvel. These would be the venturi's that are glued in with epoxy. These needles look like a tigre needle. Most of the set ups that I've seen take the venturi out and the spraybar goes through the case. These of course would be using bladder setup. Doug Galbreath also sells a spraybar assembly. I've never used one of Doug's. Now if it is a needle you only desire, you just may be able to take a needle from a Cox production backplate (red one) as these had some 128 threads per inch needles. This may fit your spraybar , not all do though as there is another version as well. Texas Timers may be able to help you with the KK information you desire. Ken

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »
Thanks Ken,  H^^

Somewhere around here, I have one or more Cox product engines with red back plates. I didn't know about the fine thread versions, but will look at mine.

I checked the sites you mention, and none list a KK replacement needle. Already have a Texas Timer fine needle setup, and will check that as well.

The seller was good enough to include a NIP Norvel needle assembly, so I can always install that in place of the KK.

Bill

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
I didn't have a fine thread Cox needle, so I tried one of the Texas Timers fine needles.

It appears that someone must have forced the Super Tiger needle that came with that engine, and damaged the threads. The TT needle will not screw in more than a fraction of a turn.

I doubt very much that the threads can be cleaned up with a tap, so I'm going to remove the KK unit, and install the original Norvel needle and spray bar.

Bill

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here