Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NCLRA  (Read 1029 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
NCLRA
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
I have just gotten my login and password on the NCLRA site.  The reason is I wish to have my copy of "Torque Roll" sent via E-Mail.  Not quite the rag as "Stunt News", but dues are only $10.00 a year.  But, the reason I post this is we need numbers in control line.  What with the Worlds so close to the NATS racing had a very poor turn out.  Some of the guys are saying it is just too far to drive to compete.  I know racing is not for the poor man to compete in.  You can not go to your local hobby shop and buy competitive equipment.  It is like stunt or any other event, it takes practice and good equipment.  Even what used to be local events is getting out of site.  Anyway enough of the soap box.  By the way, the meese are in the finishing stages and still have no source for button bellcranks.   DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
Re: NCLRA
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 04:05:05 AM »
Hi John

Let me start off by saying that not ALL events are subject to the cottage industry situation when it comes to obtaining competitive equipment. In SSR, or Super Slow Rat for example, one can be competitive with a Brodak "Super Fly" and an O.S. 25fp, LA, or Thunder Tiger GP.25. The new Brodak .25 also holds promise for this event.

Everything you need for this event to be competitive can be store bought. What a concept!

Yes, I agree that some events require specialized equipment, but most equipment can be found, or at least the manufacturer, relatively easily with a bit of asking.

If you absolutely can't find a button bellcrank for your Mouse 1 project, Myself, or Paul Gibeault can get you hooked up with some bellcranks. I manufacture on request, (a few now and then) some pulley type bellcranks, and I think Paul still has some KK type 1/2A button bellcranks left, but you'd have to ask.

I certainly don't like the way things have played out the last 10 years or so regarding racing equipment, but I try to help wherever I can.

Let me know what events you might be interested in, and I will try and help you source out some equipment.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that it is easy to become an equipment freak. Many folks mistakenly think that you MUST have the latest greatest airplane or engine to be competitive. In reality, getting the most out of the equipment you already have, will get you further than chasing the latest fad. Many folks never realize the full potential of the equipment they have.

Best regards, Les Akre

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: NCLRA
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:55:37 PM »
"Many folks never realize the full potential of the equipment they have.

Best regards, Les Akre"

HI Les,

I think you can say that about most events in C/L!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here