News:

• May 10, 2024, 07:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keith Storey Key  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Robert Dible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Keith Storey Key
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I'm looking for plans to a Keith Storey Key, which was kitted by Berkeley in 1949.  My dad built one about 65 years ago, and I'd like to restore it for him.

Thanks in advance.
AMA 41701

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: Keith Storey Key
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »

i believe there aare plans for the Key on ebay
rad racer

Offline Robert Dible

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »
I've looked there.  Two hours ago I stumbled across an auction for the Berkeley Key-det which was for .09 engines, and noticed it looked a lot like the old model in my garage.  About an hour of stumbling around with the search engine got me knowing for the first time that it was called the Key.  So years (decades really) of not knowing what I had, gave way to at least knowing a small bit about it.

Progress!
AMA 41701

Online Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »
I'm looking for plans to a Keith Storey Key, which was kitted by Berkeley in 1949.  My dad built one about 65 years ago, and I'd like to restore it for him.

Thanks in advance.

Key Team Racer plans are available from AMA Plans Service: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/K.pdf

Key ( Berkeley Kit version) # 23660  $ 13 + postage

Key ( Storey original Air Trails March 1949 version) # 24521  $ 10 + postage  Note: Air Trails back issues are available on eBay

Key Det ( Berkeley ) # 23895  $ 4 + postage

Greg, the AMA Plans guy does a great job.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Online Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
I'm not looking to cheat the AMA out of a sale, but both of those plans are also on Outerzone.

Gary
AMA 10663

Offline qaz049

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
I'm not looking to cheat the AMA out of a sale, but both of those plans are also on Outerzone.

Gary

The Berkeley plan is also on Hip pocket.

Click on pdf file below for fullsize image.

Offline Robert Dible

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:56 PM »
Thanks guys, both sources look good.  One of my buddies remarked that it looks like a Pete, which the fuselage resembles very closely.  But the wing looks nothing like a Pete with squared off tips on a tapered planform.  My next task will be trying to figure out the dark maroon dope he used.  On the other hand, he might not remember the exact shade so.........
AMA 41701

Offline qaz049

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »

A fellow club member has built both The Key and The Quest. Both fly very nicely. :-)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »
Thanks guys, both sources look good.  One of my buddies remarked that it looks like a Pete, which the fuselage resembles very closely.  But the wing looks nothing like a Pete with squared off tips on a tapered planform.  My next task will be trying to figure out the dark maroon dope he used.  On the other hand, he might not remember the exact shade so.........

I was able to match Monokote colors by going to Home Depot and have them scan the color and tint a quart of white base.  You could do that if you have a color sample.  Randolph paint dealers can do it too.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here