News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox .15 Schneurle  (Read 1049 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fox .15 Schneurle
« on: February 18, 2007, 08:51:06 PM »

I have been told to send engines in for rechroming for racing in what we call Class II Goodyear.  The engines we use are Fox 15 Schneurle.  I happened to pick up three of them while in Texas.  What I need a consensus on is it legal to have the head redrilled and tapped for the Nelson Glow Plugs.  It is hard finding a decent standard size plug.  If I had the work done is there a possibility of me getting protested if I used it?  Also I think I would be tempted to put one on a Flying Clown for Clown Racing.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Rolley

• Commander
Re: Fox .15 Schneurle
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »
Hi Doc,

The Nelson head is legal in the Topeka/Wichita rules.  The Texas (Dallas?) Sport Goodyear rules require a 1/4-32 glo-plug.  I keep a 1/4-32 head around just in case I want to take my Sport Goodyear to Dallas.  A chromed liner is OK under either rules.

Bob Oge did the chrome and head work on my engine and I've been very pleased with it.  I ran my engine in stock form until it wouldn't start hot and then sent it to Bob.  If you don't talk to him before, Bob should be at the F2C contest in Dallas in April.

Dave

Offline PaulGibeault

• Commander
Re: Fox .15 Schneurle
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
HI Doc,

You made mention that you have trouble finding plugs.
If you're looking for K&B short reach....I've got lots for sale.
Cheers,

Paul

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here