News:

• April 28, 2024, 07:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: February Contest  (Read 833 times)

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
February Contest
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:02:40 AM »
We would like to see some replys as to whether you plan to attend
makes it easier to calculate how much Barbcue to cook  #^

Paradise Field
In Conjunction with the
Middlesex Modelers
Announces the
Frostproof February Contest[/b][/i]

Date: February 16, 17, 18, 2008

Events:

FAI F2C;

FAI F2C Limited;

Everyone will have a chance to improve their flying and pitting skills, this event will be broken into two categories based on speed per 10 laps. Those declaring speeds in the 18 seconds or less will be in one group. The second group will consist of speeds of 19 seconds or more. This is done to give everyone a chance to improve there F2C skills without the risk of causing someone to loose a faster model.
Example, Dick and Tom can race at an easy 17.5. Tom would have his hands full with
two other models running in the 19/20 second speed. This is not a good combination
and no fun for Tom.

F2F/ FAI Rules (NCLRA and British models will be allowed)

TQR (NCLRA Rules)

CLOWN (NCLRA Rules)

BRODAK CLOWN (Middlesex Rules Models over 22 seconds for 8 laps)

FOX RACE / SSR (NCLRA Rules)

BTR (NCLRA)                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
British Goodyear (British Rules) (52 ft. lines) FCB motor rules (Diesel only) Nelson, Rossi, Paw, Mvvs, or any motor under $200.  American Goodyear’s models will qualify.  We will have a few models that can be used by qualified teams.                                                                                                                     

The running of an event will be based upon number of entrants if there is less than 3 entries in an event the event will not be run
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: February Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
Are you going to have a cut off time for pre-entries?  Would be something to drive for two days and then find out there are not enough entries for an event.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »
John,
I understand your dilemma, But the way to prevent that is to come ready to fly more than one event.
I am going to build a clown for that event just so my boy can get more time in the circle at an
easy to fly event "oops" now I am not trying to degrade the clown event just the fact is is easier to fly
than F2C under normal conditions aka slower. He's not quite big enough to hang on to a TQR yet.
And I do not want him to get bored flying Fox race or super slow. Actually whatever he wants and
can handle he can fly. I gotta stop making his mind up for him, now if I can just keep those pesky
girls away for a few more years, "sigh" it is a never ending battle.  %^@

Back to your question we will ask for pre entry to get an idea of the event line up prior to the contest
but as you know that still is not a good guarntee. Come on down the weather will be good and dare I say it warm !

Scott   
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »
scott my addy is still 4755 knollwood las vegas nv 89147
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here