News:

• May 06, 2024, 12:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F2CN at the Rebel Rally  (Read 1205 times)

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
F2CN at the Rebel Rally
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »
E-mail from Mike Schmeider today:

-----------------------------------------
Bill - We will not be enforcing the "internal controls" rule for the F2CN event at this year's Rebel Rally 2008 in Stark, Florida (AMA Sanction No. 08-1972). Please place this note on the Forum and communicate it to all those you believe may attend this year's contest in Stark, Florida on November 8th and 9th.
-----------------------------------------

Sounds good to me! I may have the only external controls F2CN in the country, and Russ and I own the record with it. Until somebody beats us with internal controls, I am not going to worry about where they are!

(Yes, that's a CHALLENGE! :-) :-) )

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: F2CN at the Rebel Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:22:30 PM »
I don't remember what the record is, please advise!  I could look it up but I'm too lazy.

In the original F2CN rules internal controls on F2CN models was an "allowed" item in that no mention of internal or external was mentioned, therefore builder's choice of which way to do it.  If anything needed to BE required for F2CN it was external controls and that was done in a rules change, the K.I.S.S. principle IMO.

I think some famous flier from Florida just wants to fly Wayne Triven's model with the F2C carbon fiber wing, so why not, official national records can only be set at the NATS anyhoo!  Nutting said about "bragging" records!
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:12 AM »
Hi, Don;

Current National Record for F2CN is 4:20.27.

What Mike intended to mean is that the rule requiring external controls is waived.

No, it wasn't the famous Florida flyer (FFF) that asked for the change. I have been suggesting this to all of the contest organizers for the past year or so in order to remove anybody's excuse for not flying.

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:41:48 AM »
Thanks for the record reminder. 

F2CN is alive and well in SoCal, had three at Whittier Narrows this past weekend,  DDRT, DRRT, KKRT.  DRRT had the best time a 4:50.29 with 3 stops.  But we're getting there, it was the first F2CN race for DRRT where we finished with no problems (except for two laps short/tank).  Too bad FLA is so far away for us.

Ok the codes:
Hull/Dawson = DDRT.
Duly/Burke = DRRT
Kusik/Kusik = KKRT

don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here