News:

• May 13, 2024, 09:50:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cox Black widow tank  (Read 935 times)

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Cox Black widow tank
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
Does anyone have a spare stock black widow tank they want to part with I am not looking for one of the new plastic tanks but the old aluminum style tanks. As usual name your price within reason of course.

Scott
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Cox Black widow tank
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:38 AM »
Hi Scott,

Just an FYI:  I have taken the newer aluminum tank and added 1/16th" tubing to revent it as the Black Widow tank.  J.B. Weld has held, no problem.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
          Hello Scott, Bernie from Cox International has talked about having the Cox tanks made once again. I came across a new one on Ebay a few weeks back. I looked the tank on the site and here is the page http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=598&cat=25&page=3 . I see the black stunt tank available as well. This is great news. I wish the no filler pipe backplates were once again available. Ken

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
Thanks for the info guys I will look into a new tank my problem was I have a few tanks that had been modified to the extreme in some cases the mods did not work out those that did well they just worked. I will say this you can drill out a venturi to far and it will not pick up fuel how far you ask, not saying Bernie will not sell any new tanks if I do. Who knows I may show up at the nats this year with a new mouse racer reed valve that is.

Scott 
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here