News:

• May 13, 2024, 05:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: B-Team racer spinners  (Read 1550 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
B-Team racer spinners
« on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »
I have an ole Slipery allmost finished and looks pretty good. I have an old Froom spinner shy of 1 1/2" used. Backplate was opened up. Found another backplate but it is also hogged out. I tried Tru-turn inserts and its very close but backplate is thin. Anybody ave a 1/4" hole for 1 3/8" Froom spinner. Bought a Fox 1 1/2" but prop gear is for smaller engines. The adapter nut/ screw holder will not work. A Veco 1 1/2 will work also. The Froom will look ok and the Veco better .
Happy new years to you all !!
Dan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: B-Team racer spinners
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
Do we really need spinners on the B-Team Racers?   I was thinking of using a spinner nut and sand the nose accordingly. VD~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
Theres' no current rule that requires a spinner.  I think they look better with one, but I build mine with a spinner nut, makes prop changing a lot simpler when testing.  If you have to change one in a race you're done anyway.

don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:22:32 AM »
Thanks Don for the answer.  Now I just need to get one finished. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
I have an ole Slipery allmost finished and looks pretty good. I have an old Froom spinner shy of 1 1/2" used. Backplate was opened up. Found another backplate but it is also hogged out. I tried Tru-turn inserts and its very close but backplate is thin. Anybody ave a 1/4" hole for 1 3/8" Froom spinner. Bought a Fox 1 1/2" but prop gear is for smaller engines. The adapter nut/ screw holder will not work. A Veco 1 1/2 will work also. The Froom will look ok and the Veco better .
Happy new years to you all !!
Dan

Dan,
Did you get a digital camera for Christmas so you can show us all of your cool stuff?
Chris...

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
Chris,
Maybe soon on Camera. Most of cool stuff is gone but I have many different types of items. Never know what will show up.
Dan

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
I just shot last coat of clear cote using Lustrekote and it looks very nice. Just need to make exhaust stack to exit engine area. Attach mounts for cowl and pretty much there. Neat little plane. Now need it to get warmer in the mornings. Old bones and near freezing temps are not fun. I know some guys live in hard hit cold areas but thats why I moved west and south.
Dan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »
I can attest to the cold temps and getting older.  I sit and work on a plane and get ready for a cup of coffee.  Takes a couple of minutes to get the knees moving again.  Especially the last couple of days.  My back yard has 12 inches of snow.  Can't measure the drive as I scooped it off three times.  Need to get started on the little B-Team Racer I got from you with that little jewel of a Johnson .29.  The Red Skin is getting a Fox .25, the new version. 
Now if Dankar would adopt me I could take all the pictures he needs.   LL~ LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
Hi Doc,
Anytime you want to come over thats fine with me. I got stuff everyware. I had to get rid of some planes just to work on others. This allows for newer generation of planes. Both of planes i gave away had many years of flight time/ and recovered several times. That Johnson took many years to find. The joke was it came from ebay and was excellent.
Cheers,Dan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here