News:

• May 19, 2024, 07:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are there F2C contests in the US?  (Read 938 times)

steven yampolsky

• Trade Count: (0)
Are there F2C contests in the US?
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
I am curious if there are any F2C contests I could go watch this summer.

I was a decent pitman/mechanic as a teenager in the old country but when I got back to CL, I did not find any F2C action in the US.

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Are there F2C contests in the US?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:24 PM »
I am curious if there are any F2C contests I could go watch this summer.

I was a decent pitman/mechanic as a teenager in the old country but when I got back to CL, I did not find any F2C action in the US.
The NATS in July and the Bluegrass in October.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »
There are a few places where F2C is flown on occasion, but so few as to not really have any local contests. The Bluegrass World Cup in Bowling Green, KY is the "big one" now.

Website is http://www.BluegrassWorldCup.US  (Note that is ".US" and not ".com")

Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:12 AM »
We tried to have F2C at the TOPClass meets, but with only one or two entries it is hard.  In fact most of ou racing events are down to one or two entries the last couple of years.  Partly my fault for not entering my planes.  Can't even get people to take and compete with them.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
Greetings!  I had the opportunity to meet Mr David Wallick and his wife Dannette at an event they hosted called "The Bent Rule" on their site in Ocala Florida last October 2012.  It was a wonderful site, the weather was great and they were really great hosts.  Mr. Jose Soto our AMA district rep helped promote the event and I believe everyone had a great time; I know my wife and I did.

They hosted F2C and Clown racing primarily but the event was open for other racing events.  Unfortunately, there had been some sort of issues with the organization of the event which may have caused a bit of confusion for potential participants.  That said, it is my greatest hope that there will be even more participants this year.  Heck I may even be a good dizzy pilot by then!!  LL~

For more information you may want to contact: H.David Wallick <f2cwallick@embarqmail.com>; Danette at 352-625-2156 or email intimatefitness@embarqmail.com or our AMA rep Jose R. Soto <amajose@cfl.rr.com>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here