News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA numbers question B-Team Racer  (Read 692 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
AMA numbers question B-Team Racer
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
How big and how small do they need to be ??  Is it #'s go on outside wing?? I was never a contest seeker but may do this. I still have a few sheet of monocote trim stock with the printing on back to make numbers.
Dan

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: AMA numbers question B-Team Racer
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
The AMA rules that apply:

AMA General:
"4. Identification: All models, except Indoor, will be identified with the owner's name and address or AMA number, on or in the model. Individual events listed within this (Competition Regulations) may have additional identification requirements which must be adhered to."

CL General is silent regarding the AMA number, and the CL Racing rules specify for the supplemental events of Class I and Class II Scale Racing (i.e., 1/2A Scale racing), where they say:

"The model must have racing numbers on the fuselage sides and the upper left-hand wing. The contestant’s AMA number should appear as part of the scale like license number on the upper right-hand wing. It may be preceded by “N’’ at the contestant’s option."

And for Sale Racing:
"2.3.3. The contestant’s AMA number should appear as part of the scale like license number on the upper right wing. It may be preceded by “N’’ at the contestant’s option."

The NCLRA rules for B-TR are silent regarding AMA numbers.

Bottom line IMHO is: as long as your number is on or in the model, you're legal. Now, also IMHO, if it can't be easily viewed and read from the  outside of the model, I feel it wouldn't comply with the AMA General rule. Edit to add: "wouldn't comply" because if you can't see the number, you can't verify that it's there.

Most simply put the AMA number on the upper surface of the outboard wing.

Regards,

Bill Lee
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:06:03 AM by BillLee »
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline dankar

• Captain
Re: AMA numbers question B-Team Racer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
 Thank you for reply.
Dan   H^^