News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: National Balsa - Order received.  (Read 855 times)

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
National Balsa - Order received.
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »
Hi folks,

I got my order from National Balsa and thought I'd report for those of you considering ordering from them.

The service was pretty good. It took a month to get the order, but they notified me that it would be awhile since I ordered all "contest balsa" and they were awaiting a shipment.

The packing was very good and the order arrived undamaged and tightly wrapped. The wood overall was pretty good quality. Most of it is in the 5 to 6 lb range with a couple of real clubs (probably 10lb stock, but I haven't had a chance to weigh it all out yet) and a couple of very light pieces. There's a sheet of half inch in there that is probably 2lb stock. Don't know what I'll use that for.  :)

The grain, overall quality and consistency of the wood is very good. No punky spots or bad grain or anything. Weirdly, nice color, too. These folks seem very interested in pleasing their customers.

So, I'm happy and will likely order from them again with Lone Star on the ropes for the present.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Hodges

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: National Balsa - Order received.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
I also recently ordered wood from National.  I requested and received all contest wood.  None of it was heavier than it should have been.  My order arrived in eleven days and was very well packed.  The lady I spoke with told me up front that some of their contest wood was stained, which for my purposes, did not matter.  Actually, there was only a couple of sheets that had some minor staining.

I will be ordering from this vendor again.

Bill Hodges
Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here