Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kinkos  (Read 914 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Kinkos
« on: October 30, 2006, 09:22:34 PM »
Some time ago I had won an auction for permission to copy a set of plans for my own use.  The plans were in a file that was sent to my E-Mail.  The wife could not get the file to down load to disc or to the computor.  I don't remember who, but, I E-Mailed the file to an individual and have never heard from them again.  While in Florida a friend of my daughter is a computor nerd.  I mentioned the plan delima.  In no time at all he had the file on a disc.  Today I took the disc to Kinkos and after a few minutes I had three sets of plans to work with.  Only cost me $9.00 a copy.  Now I will recommend my local Kinkos to anybody.  Time to start making templates,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Kinkos
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:10:49 AM »
 I use Kinko's quite often. Even though they raised the prices a while back, it's still a deal for what you can make giant copies of plans for. y1
 When I scratchbuild something I've drawn patterns for, I just make full size copies for construction patterns and save the original.
 I also like to copy original kit plans for construction and save the originals in perfect condition. With the copies, you just cut them up all you want.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
Color copies are very expensive.  A black and white is a whole bunch cheaper, and you were probably charged the color rate.  Staples did one for me and the gal made three or four big prints before we got the right size, for 6 dollars.  Color would have been about 45.  I asked.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 08:14:10 AM »
All of my plans were made from the disc.  The lady said she had to change it to PDF format, what ever that is.  $9.00 each plan.   DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »
No matter where you go.  Make sure you take a ruler with you and measure the scale after the copy is made.  All the Kinko's copies I have seen will be be slightly larger than scale.  For our purposes that is not good.  A plan that varies from the original by just a fraction should be brought to their attention and recopied.

So check your copies and make sure they are to scale.  It not, they are useless.  Unless of course you wanted them larger.
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here