News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Huge Collossus  (Read 739 times)

Online Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Huge Collossus
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »
 l can't wait to start on this one. H^^
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:53:57 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
Re: Huge Collossus
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »
Ty,

Thanks for the report.  I can't wait for mine to arrive.  You are right, Walter's kits are the "Bomb"!!!  The wood just floats out of the box.  Now I don't know if I should start on my P-39 first or the Collossus.

For those who have never seen one of Walter's kits, you are really missing a treat!!
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »
Mine arrived today.  Boy-O-Boy, this is one awesome kit.  The kit arrives wrapped in a set of Colossus plans.  I have never ever been so careful un-wrapping a package.  Was able to save the wrapping intact.  Will hang in the shop soon.  Of course another set of pristine plans are included in the kit, but what a keen idea to wrap the kit box in a set of plans.

As I have said before, be careful when you open an Umland kit.  The balsa just floats out of the box.  I swear that wood has a negative weight.  I know Walter wants us to build and fly these planes; however, it seems a shame to disturb such a work of art.  These are truly collectable!!

Walter, you have really out done yourself with this one!!!!!!!!
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
Got mine today, it was sitting by the gate when I got home.  Big box but not an Arf. This kit is fantastic. I really like the way the beutiful canopy has a built in scribe line to trim to. I need to quit working and start building. If any of you flyers out there have never seen one of walters kits you should go buy one. If you are not impressed with the cut quality and wood, then I know someone who would buy it from you for purchase price. ME. OK Walter whats next? PT19 or JB special or?
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »
I agree in that Walters kits are too beautiful to build.  I did build one of the Sweet Sweep Kits I obtained.  The P-39 is waiting to be finished.  Having trouble getting base coat done.  Also trying to decide if I want Olive Drab or a solid Red color.  Still breaking in the OS FP 40 that is going in the nose of  it.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here