News:

• April 28, 2024, 12:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CLC Wing Jig  (Read 1036 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
CLC Wing Jig
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »
Hope this will post.  I have spent this past week setting up the jig and building the P-39 I got from Walter Umlland.  As usual the kit is one of Walter's great kits.  I had problems with the center rib.  Should have laminated it as the one rib kept breaking vertically.  Now have peices on each side of it to give it some strength.  But, more on the kit later as I progress.  This is about the Wing Jig Peices I get from Control Line Central.  I used a peice of honey comb aluminum sheet I picked up at the salvage yard in Wichita last fall.  Had to reverse the uprights as the peice is not wide enough.  I also broke down and bought a 4 foot metal level.  Then it was set up the trailing edge peices.  I got the uprights in line and the top half of the adjustable peices lined up.  Then it was line up the leading edge peices.  Put an addition on the adjustable peices as being a cheap skate I didn't get the V stock set.  Just glue some triangle stock to them I had laying around.  Hope the pictures come thru.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here