News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Original Magician  (Read 1170 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Original Magician
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »
Finally the wife took pictures of the plane.   Was out Friday evening flying the Almost ARF Oriental with Howard and John.  Ran the B-25 on the O-Magician, but, did not fly it.  The kit is the usual Brodak kit layout with good wood selection and a great manual.  I followed the instructions almost to the letter,  The finish is Brodak Blue & Red with Ultra coat White.  My comments on the Brodak White is on another post response.  Of course the power  is the Brodak 25.  One run on the ground and so far 3 in the air.  Even with the warp in the wing I need to take out, the plane flew very well.  The little B-25 did not lean out until the last couple of laps.  The flying was done on Saturday in 90+ degree temps.  Using Sig 10% fuel, 1/2 &1/2 oil.  First flights using 9-5 power point point prop.  The last flight used 10-4 power point.  Lines are .012 X 60 feet.  Wheels are some Williams Bros. Wheels I had laying around.  Don't ask about the weight as it feels very light to me.  Now to the pictures. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Brodak Original Magician
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »
Looks nice John.  See you this weekend?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
Hi Doc,

That is sweet!  I'm glad the B-25 has the power to fly it.  That sounds like a very good engine, and the Magician is known for being a good flyer!  (most all Jim's planes were! ;D )

Off topic: Do you usually go flying dressed like that?  If so, let me know so that I ever get to a contest you're at, I can dress appropriately!  S?P  VD~  LL~ 

You do "clean up well"! H^^
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:22:06 AM »
Really nice Doc; I am a big fan of Magicians. You really outdid yourself on this one. If it fly's as well as it looks it should be a great plane.
Jim Kraft

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
No Bill, the pictures were taken right after we got home from church.  Of course it it would help my score I might dress like this.  i remember seeing pictures of the early days of guys in suits and ties.  Makes you wonder.  And Jim this is the smaller version(original), not the Midwest kit version.  Still have plans from both kits that I built in the past.  May have to build the bigger version.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:52:22 PM »
Great looking plane Doc. And I must say you haven't changed a bit. Maybe if I did a little more church goin my scores would maybe rise a little! y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here