News:

• April 28, 2024, 12:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: when to sand?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
when to sand?
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »
 #^     Mornin Guy's  I spray painted my Nobler last Sunday afternoon using white auto paint in clear dope for the "binder"  I can still smell the dope "gassing off"..  When would be a good time to wet sand ? I plan to lightly wet sand using 600 wet that has been in water the same time that the dope has been drying.
  i sure didn't expect it to take this long to stop "stinkin'" !!            Thanks, Gil
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: when to sand?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
   Thanks Ty, that is somewhat I had in mind also. Thanks again........
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »
#^     Mornin Guy's  I spray painted my Nobler last Sunday afternoon using white auto paint in clear dope for the "binder"  I can still smell the dope "gassing off"..  When would be a good time to wet sand ? I plan to lightly wet sand using 600 wet that has been in water the same time that the dope has been drying.
  i sure didn't expect it to take this long to stop "stinkin'" !!            Thanks, Gil

Better yet Paul, use Duplicolor Sandable Primer and sand in 10 minutes. Its faster and I'm pretty sure you'll find its lighter.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
    Thanks for the help guy's, I wet sanded yesterday (Monday) and it worked real well, no "stink", hope to start spraying the trim this week.  Gonna use dye, well actually Higgins "fade proof ink" want to keep the weight down..
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here