• May 23, 2024, 07:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: warning  (Read 743 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
warning
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:40:36 AM »
I have been using automotive Dupli-Color enamel with good results . I use the white Sandable  primer with the acrylic Enamel paint 'works good under clast cote also. yesterday I tried putting Dupli-Color Primer Sealer over the primer ,then shot the D/C enamel  .it didn't look quite so I hit it with some 320 and found that the sealer had puckered up under the white. I will sand it all off and do it again without the sealer and see what happens .this was on a cowl. the rest of the plane came out OK
rad racer

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: warning
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:32 PM »
I have been using automotive Dupli-Color enamel with good results . I use the white Sandable  primer with the acrylic Enamel paint 'works good under clast cote also. yesterday I tried putting Dupli-Color Primer Sealer over the primer ,then shot the D/C enamel  .it didn't look quite so I hit it with some 320 and found that the sealer had puckered up under the white. I will sand it all off and do it again without the sealer and see what happens .this was on a cowl. the rest of the plane came out OK

Why did you need a "sealer?" Especially over primer?

CB

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:12:14 AM »
it said the sealer would make a shinier finish
rad racer

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:29:20 PM »
Bobber,

Sorry to hear of your finishing difficulties. I can relate. However, a guy I know turned me on to the very thing needed in your case. It comes in a can. The one I got says on the outside:  Johnson Paste Wax. You just kind of mush it on and swoosh it around. Rub on it if you have the time, such as when you're waiting for someone to show up to give you a launch. The stuff makes my ugly, wrinkly, runs-included-for-free paint jobs really shiny. Check it out. Your results should be better!

Stay well, my friend

The Divot

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here