News:

• May 01, 2024, 11:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ultrapoxy bye K&B  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Ultrapoxy bye K&B
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »
Hi guys,

I've used K&B Epoxy paint years ago, is this the same product? Didn't K&B quit making this product years ago? Can you thin the ultrapoxy with DuPont 3608s? If this paint is as good as the old K&B Epoxy paint it should be great. With the old K&B one coat and you was good to go. Would appreciate any input. I typed in search and there was a short article but was wondering if anyone else has played with this paint, Gary
Gary Anderson

Offline Pinecone

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Commander
Re: Ultrapoxy bye K&B
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
AFAIK the older SuperPoxy and the newer UltraPoxy are different.

KlassKote says their hardener will work with SuperPoxy, but not UltraPoxy.

MECOA bought the rights to teh K&B line.  IIRC, they have some UltraPoxy, but are selling off the stock and there will be no more.

There is KlassKote and Nelson Hobbies epoxy paints.

The Nelson stuff is water-based, and a System Three base product.
Terry Carraway
AMA 47402

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Ultrapoxy bye K&B
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »
Hi guys,

I've used K&B Epoxy paint years ago, is this the same product? Didn't K&B quit making this product years ago? Can you thin the ultrapoxy with DuPont 3608s? If this paint is as good as the old K&B Epoxy paint it should be great. With the old K&B one coat and you was good to go. Would appreciate any input. I typed in search and there was a short article but was wondering if anyone else has played with this paint, Gary

K&B Ultrapoxy was pretty good stuff, but its definitely on the way out, as far as I can tell. Klasskote is a superior and far more available replacement, and that's what I use now.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here