News:

• May 03, 2024, 09:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: There was this guy...  (Read 875 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
There was this guy...
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
Some years back, possibly four or five years, there was this guy who used clear water base or oil base polyurethane or urethane, to glass his models. He said he used resin for years, as I did but, changed over to clear floor stuff. Swears by it.

He said he got the idea while at a basketball game, looking at the lines and graphics covered with clear material on the gym floor.

This was an RCU reply and not a Thread, so I was unable to find it. Can't remember what he used but he did say he purchased the product at Home Depot.

Yea, i should have paid more attention to him, but I was busy at the time.

Anyone ever experiment with clear floor coatings like the polyurethane or urethane coatings to glass or cover your models?

That's the question.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: There was this guy...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Nope. I've tried water based urethanes. it's an interesting experience. No water based top coats as they tend to weigh a ton and aren't very fuel resistant. But hey, maybe you'll find something.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »
sounds like future wax...

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
He only used this clear floor coating to glass. He finished in auto paints, as I did.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
Minwax Polycrylic is what is used for glassing.  Put on a coat or two of Deft sanding sealer first.  I've used it a number of times with great success.
Jim Vigani

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
Minwax Polycrylic is what is used for glassing.  Put on a coat or two of Deft sanding sealer first.  I've used it a number of times with great success.
Minwax also has a Sanding Sealer, and something they call a Brushing Lacquer.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:45 AM »
"there was this guy".. whose aunt's cousin's grandmother's father had an uncle whose brothers niece knew of a guy that once had a friend that knew of this stuff, but I forget his name.   LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~This sounds like the stuff they put on bowling alleys. Might try them. D>K

Ty,

Hey, I know that guy!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here