News:

• May 07, 2024, 10:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The old and the new airbrush paints.  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
The old and the new airbrush paints.
« on: May 30, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »
I still have a bunch of the old and typical brand names you hear of when referring to airbrush paints.

Or at least the stash I have.

Golden, Liquitex, Deka Air Gloss, and I'm sure there's a few other brand names in this box which is filled with my old stash. All waterbase paints actually. I used them for years to do pictoral and illustrations for my airbrush work in the commercial art industry. All great paints.

Nothing negative with these brands and I'm not going to toss my old stash, but, it's time to move on and experiment with new products. Eh, maybe.

Enter "Createx Colors." Mentioned in a Thread or two so I decided to give it a whirl.

Took a bit but I finally got the media kit from Createx.

My local craft shop carries this brand.  #^

I did say a bit back that I would paint a model with waterbase paints. I've already started painting the Mig-3 with waterbase paints and will continue with the paint I have.

My interest.

Anyone using these Createx products? photos?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
Re: The old and the new airbrush paints.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Wicked  are very good paints along with auto airs. Autobourn  stuff.  I prefer the solvent base stuff like HOK or tcpgloba. Custom shop brand  .  But most of my stuff  fat motorcycle stuff.
If your on facebook  go to Red Tail Custom

JIM

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
Wicked  are very good paints along with auto airs. Autobourn  stuff.  I prefer the solvent base stuff like HOK or tcpgloba. Custom shop brand  .  But most of my stuff  fat motorcycle stuff.
If your on facebook  go to Red Tail Custom

JIM

Jim,

I don't do facebook.  ;D

My only interest is waterbase paints. What you mentioned, are they waterbase paints?

Thanks for the reply and interest.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
Yes there classified water base check out coast airhrush  I get most of my custom paint from them 

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:26:21 AM »
Yes there classified water base check out coast airhrush  I get most of my custom paint from them 

Jim,

Again, great detail work!! Wow!

I'm glad there's someone in the Forum with your professional abilities using contemporary products.

I'm trying new products I'm unfarmilular with, basicly that water base paint, and I may have some questions.

Looks to me that you have a handle on this. And then some.  H^^

"I'll say."

A line from the movie Seabiscuit.

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
Wicked and Wicked detail.  Is superior to Createx colors FYI. But try both

Jim

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »
Wicked and Wicked detail.  Is superior to Createx colors FYI. But try both

Jim

Jim,

Just read your reply.

Yes, I did get the color chart and will definately give some consideration to trying them.

Currently, I'm using Liquitex water base on the Mig-3. Warbird being what it is and all I'm copying a scheme with no bright colors.

Thanks for the reply.

Water base artists Liquitex.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here