News:

• May 01, 2024, 09:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NEW AMERICAN!, A setback?  (Read 528 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
The NEW AMERICAN!, A setback?
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:18:54 AM »
The NEW AMERICAN!, A setback?

Well, I would or should call it more of an education.

I've used spackling materials repeatedly building my R/C models. Actually applying Polyester resin over it.

Never have I never used Dope on any of my R/C models, including those that have won awards. Always Resin, Auto paint and Auto paint finishing products.

Enter the Dope. I've discovered that Dope, applied over spackling compound, makes for a rubber like material.

Anyone else notice this?

So I removed all the spackling material because of lack of confidence in it, especially with the Florida sun and heat.

Now I'm deciding what to replace it with.

Suggestions, tips, whatever!

Charles

PS. I'm also considering a life without using Dope products.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline EddyR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: The NEW AMERICAN!, A setback?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
I use joint compound all the time with dope and never have had a problem. Stop using dope and use DupliColor clear lacquer. It is compatible with dope of any kind. You can get it at auto parts stores and it is no shrink so it will not pull up at fillets. And it does not blush on humid days. It needs a coat of fuel proof dope as a final coat to seal it against exhaust residue. It is fuel proof but exhaust will get to it over time if it is used as a top coat.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here