News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:00:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Loser, colors and scheme?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
The Loser, colors and scheme?
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »
I don't believe it's ever to soon to start thinking about schemes and color.

In fact, I'll bet some models started out with the thought or photo of a great scheme first! Build came after that.

Ironically borrowed from a "The LOSERS" movie, brought to my attention a day ago. What timing!

The LOSER, lettering/logo text, will stay as you see it. Yes, knowing about that movie rekindled my interest in The LOSER. I may finish The LOSER after all, so don't place any bets.

Using photoshop, I played with color a bit, but kept the same logo text. Disregarding the gentleman in the graphic, my interest, at this point, is only color combinations. I didn't have time to remove the character.

With that said, I may consider other color options, do a few more, but the text won't change.

Schemes? Try to get a color arrangement, design and look that hasn't been done before? I don't think it's that easy.

Here's some samples of my efforts. Also, I thought I'd place this photo in of a model that really caught my eye.

I have no idea who is responsible for the build or the finish of this fine model or what model this is?

It was just so appealing to me that I saved the photo. The exaggerated wing tip design, balance of color and a touch of accent with the lettering, plus the overall appearance, absolutely striking! A beautiful model.

Yes, every now and again, I bring it up and take a look at it. As anyone can see, It's outstanding!

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: The Loser, colors and scheme?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:18 AM »
I found out this great model is a "Cardinal."

However, while searching for more information, I see there are variations of it?

Profiles, built up, wing tip differences?

The model in the photo is an absolute dream. I would consider this model, and put an effort into building one!

Kudos to the builder/owner.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
Cardinal?  Not sure where you got that information, but the model is actually Lou Wolgast's 'Pentastar' - available as a kit from Eric Rule at RSM.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
Cardinal?  Not sure where you got that information, but the model is actually Lou Wolgast's 'Pentastar' - available as a kit from Eric Rule at RSM.

Mike,

Thanks for that correction, I appreciate it.

Yes, you are correct.

I just spent 4K+ on AC, 1K on the wife's dog's teeth, and there's more...

So unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have an extra 189.00 to purchase the model kit. It's worth every penny.

If Eric ever runs specials, that could be an opportunity or if I could find someone with a kit that has lost interest.

How could someone loose interest in such a beautiful model?

Thanks again for the reply Mike!

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
Here's the Cardinal.

Top photo. Resemblance?

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
Added a few more color combinations.

How does one decide? Then turn colors into a scheme. Not as easy as it seems.  ;D

Charles

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
Here's the Cardinal.

Top photo. Resemblance?

Charles

I know that this has nothing to do about "Paint and Finishing", but:

There is a huge difference between the Cardinal by Windy Urtnowski and the Pentastar by Lou Wolgast.  The Cardinal is a proven design and has been quite popular over the years in full fuselage and profile versions and also in ARC and ARF profile versions.

Lou Wollgast has successfully campaigned his Pentastar over the years here in the Southwest.  He is always a contender for top placings when he flies this thing.  Good airplane and a good pilot.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »
I know that this has nothing to do about "Paint and Finishing", but:
There is a huge difference between the Cardinal by Windy Urtnowski and the Pentastar by Lou Wolgast.  The Cardinal is a proven design and has been quite popular over the years in full fuselage and profile versions and also in ARC and ARF profile versions.Lou Wollgast has successfully campaigned his Pentastar over the years here in the Southwest.  He is always a contender for top placings when he flies this thing.  Good airplane and a good pilot.Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the reply and for the information.

The "Pentastar" by Lou Wolgast, is a great example of design, paint and finishing!

I will gladly entertain and share any information about that fine model and it's designer. I would like to see more photos and acquire more information. So thanks again!

Obviously, the two wing design do have similarities, at least from just looking at photos.

I have no idea which wing design, the outline that is, was conceived first?

I've seen many stunt models and quite honestly, having more interest in scale, weren't drawn to any.

But the "Pentastar" by Lou Wolgast is extraordinary!

Yes, I would like to have this model and one day I will.

Thanks again for the reply!

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here