News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stripping heat shrink covering cleanup?  (Read 511 times)

Offline Steve Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Stripping heat shrink covering cleanup?
« on: March 10, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
I'm stripping a Brodak Cardinal ARF, and the covering has left a lot of color in the balsa wood. Is there a solvent that might remove this? I appreciate any help you could give me.  I'm recovering it following some misc. crash repairs

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Stripping heat shrink covering cleanup?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:07:15 PM »
Steve,

Bleach removes color. Other than that, I mhave no idea.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
Steve,

I have found that Xylene works pretty well.  But, I've only used it to remove color stains caused by Monocoat covering.  Also try heating the stains with your heat gun to soften the glue. 

Paul

Offline Steve Riebe

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Paul, thanks for your help. I was able to get most of it of with xylene, at least to the point where I can think about a light sanding

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here