News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slide off Decals  (Read 778 times)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Slide off Decals
« on: March 12, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »
Is there any one out there that does slide off decals for numbers, lettering, names, stars, etc.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Slide off Decals
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:04:48 PM »
Hi Ken,

I make my own decals using Microsoft Paint and Word. You can buy 8.5”x11” water soluble decal paper on eBay or other online places. Make sure it’s the type of decal paper used for LaserJet printers and not for an Ink Jet.

I was printing them out myself until my color Laser Jet died. Now, I take my document to OfficeMax along with my decal paper and have them print them for me. I cost me 12 cents a sheet just for printing. The only drawback is that you decals cannot be larger than the 8.5”x11” decal paper.

After the decal is placed on the model and all water and bubbles are removed. I brush on “Walthers – Solvaset” decal setting solution. This removed the “hard edge” of the decal.

24 hours later, I spray on a very, very light coat of clear dope over the decal and along the edges. Let it dry thoroughly and spray 2 more additional light coats over the decal. DO NOT apply heavy coats of dope as this can dissolve the decal.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Slide off Decals
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:47:54 PM »
Hi Ken,

I make my own decals using Microsoft Paint and Word. You can buy 8.5”x11” water soluble decal paper on eBay or other online places. Make sure it’s the type of decal paper used for LaserJet printers and not for an Ink Jet.

I was printing them out myself until my color Laser Jet died. Now, I take my document to OfficeMax along with my decal paper and have them print them for me. I cost me 12 cents a sheet just for printing. The only drawback is that you decals cannot be larger than the 8.5”x11” decal paper.

After the decal is placed on the model and all water and bubbles are removed. I brush on “Walthers – Solvaset” decal setting solution. This removed the “hard edge” of the decal.

24 hours later, I spray on a very, very light coat of clear dope over the decal and along the edges. Let it dry thoroughly and spray 2 more additional light coats over the decal. DO NOT apply heavy coats of dope as this can dissolve the decal.

Hope this helps.

Dennis
Thanks!
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here