News:

• May 08, 2024, 05:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rusty Rattle Can, Krylon question?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Rusty Rattle Can, Krylon question?
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:52:31 PM »
Rusty, I hope you see this, you are the Krylon expert.  LL~

I'm thinking of using Krylon again.

Was wondering if I could use it without any primer? I'm concerned with ink lines and pen markings showing through the paint over time.

Any info on that?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Rusty Rattle Can, Krylon question?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:21:36 PM »
Rusty, I hope you see this, you are the Krylon expert.  LL~

I'm thinking of using Krylon again.

Was wondering if I could use it without any primer? I'm concerned with ink lines and pen markings showing through the paint over time.

Any info on that?
Hi Charles, I almost missed it.
Actually it's Rustoleum I've been a long time user of. I've used it without primer, but it just lets the grain show through unless you fill it with something besides primer. And the balsa soaks up more paint so you may have to apply more. As far as function goes for a cosmetically rustic plane, it works just fine. If you don't cover it with fuelproof clearcoat, you'll see color on your alcohol rag after cleaning the plane, but the amount it removes is insignificant and I've never cleaned it off enough to see the wood underneath it. I never use Rustoleum or Krylon clear, just Lustrekote applied in dustings until the last coat, so it doesn't crackle the color.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here